Rumors Pt. 2

Seulki's mom contacts the boys and they come for her

Hoseok and Yoongi ran their hands through their hair, groaning in frustration. They had just come back from the millionth time of walking the streets of Seoul looking for Seulki. She wasn't answering her phone and all they knew was that the receptionist told them she had stormed out without a word. It didn't help matters when Yoongi found her phone in the studio she was supposed to be doing her vocal training at. "Still nothing?!" Yoongi snapped and Hoseok shook his head.

Jimin, V and Jungkook walked through the door of their shared home, heads hung low. "Hyung's, we've looked everywhere. We can't find her." Unfortunately, Namjoon and Jin had the same news. Namjoon was worried sick, as all the members were. But he couldn't help think of her small frame shivering on a park bench somewhere or someone took her. He groaned again, leaning back into the couch. "I'm calling the manager." He got up and made the call, walking out of the room.

"It's because the stupid coach told her it was Soojin! Seulki is delicate!" Jimin groaned in frustration. Their whole meeting had been how they can counteract these rumors, the consequences and repercussions of Soojin's lies. They weren't going to let her get away with it. They had hoped that Seulki wouldn't find out who it was providing these false lies, or at least one of them be there when she did. "I'm worried. It's been hours." Taehyung said, sinking to the floor and leaning his body on Jungkook. Jungkook gently pet his head. "We'll find her. We have too."

Namjoon ran back into the room, frantic. Everyone's anxiety went up, expecting the worst. "Oh, god, did she get in an accident?! Did someone take her?! Is she injured?! DEAD?!" Hoseok yelled and Yoongi stood up, shushing him. "What is it?" He said, looking to Namjoon. "She's at her parents. In Busan. Her mom called our manager. We need to go there. Manager-nim is on his way to get us." Everyone quickly pulled jackets and shoes on, anxious to see their youngest member. They sprinted to the car, barely all seated before ordering their manager to step on it and fast. "Boys," the manager started, "she is not okay. She thinks our meeting was about kicking her out of the group."

The boys were flabbergasted and hurt. "How could she think we would just kick her out?!" Jungkook said, slumping into his seat. Jin wrapped his arm around him, "she's upset, Kookie. And hurt. We left without telling her anything this morning, she found out someone who was supposed to be her friend is trying to ruin her career and awards season is fast approaching. She feels guilty and hurt and I would feel the same. Now we just have to show her that it's not true." The trip to Seulki's house seemed to take days even though it was just a few long hours.

When they arrived, they composed themselves and rang the bell, Seulki's parents answering the door almost immediately. "It took you all long enough!" Her mom exclaimed, wrapping each individual boy into a warm embrace. They bowed and shook her father's hand and mom quickly explained the events from earlier. "She won't come out of her room and she won't talk to anyone. I've tried everything to let her know that you wouldn't get rid of her." The boys smiled gratefully, promising to fix it. The all rushed up the stairs to Seulki's bedroom, throwing the door open.

The room was dimly lit, but they could tell it was a girl's room. The walls were painted a baby blue and the comforters and pillows matched. It was very neat. Their hearts broke at the small figure sat at the edge of the bed, face unnaturally puffy from crying. Her hazel eyes were now beet red and puffy. Her hair was an absolute mess and she had washed all her makeup off, they hoped instead of crying it off. "What are you doing here?" She said, hanging her head. "Here to tell me I'm out of the group? That you're angry I 'used' you too? That I bribed my way into the company?" A new wave of tears fell from her eyes and she cursed herself.

"CHOI SEULKI!" Namjoon yelled, walking right up to her and gripping her chin between his thumb and pointer finger. He forced her eyes to meet his. "Don't you ever think about fucking running away without telling someone, again, you hear me?!" Seulki snorted, shaking her face out of his grasp. "Why do you even care?" Namjoon stood up, fuming. Mainly that she thought something like this would cause any of them to hate her, but mostly for how bad this has affected her. Hoseok ran up to her before Namjoon could say anything, wrapping her in a tight hug, tears escaping his eyes. "How could you even think that, S?"

Seulki let out a heartbreaking sob, burying her face into Hoseok's shoulder. "N-none of i-it's true! I s-swear!" She sobbed out and Hoseok rubbed his hand in circles on her back, trying to calm her down. Taehyung came to the other side and Jimin went and sat behind her. Both of the boys wrapping their arms around her. "Seulki, we love you. You're our sister. Never, ever, could anything that comes out cause us not to love you, not to care." Jimin said. She calmed down, taking a few deep breaths. "You all were just gone this morning and no none said anything to me and then I heard you were in a meeting and then teacher-nim said about the rumors and I t-thought I w-was g-going to get kicked out1" Another sob left her mouth and Yoongi couldn't take it anymore.

He marched over, lifting her out of the boys grasps and cradling her in his lap. He gently shushed her, kissing her forehead and running his fingers through her tangled hair. "We had the meeting to handle these rumors and what we could to do to protect you and counteract them. And how Soojin will have to face the consequences of her lies." Seulki loosened her grip on his shirt but didn't unbury her face from his chest. "Oppa, I'm sorry." He shushed her again, "stop apologizing, baby. You did nothing wrong. We don't believe them. No one does."

The others came around, burying the two in a group hug. "We're going home, Seulki. We have award shows starting soon. I don't think your parents want us practicing here in their home." Jimin said, ruffling her already unkempt hair. She giggled a little, swatting his hand away playfully. "I'll never run away again, but I didn't run either. My legs just took me here." The boys group hug tightened and Suga started groaning for everyone to get off, it was too much affection.

BTS's manager and Seulki's parents watched from the doorway, smiling. "I'm very happy to see she is loved by everyone," her mother said. Her father and manager agreed. The three watched the crazy group, smiling fondly.