First Solo Stage

A little snippet of when the boys saw Seulki on her first solo stage

Seulki bounced her leg in anticipation as she waited for the lift to go up. It was their first show on the Burn The Stage tour and she was excited to have her own solo song to perform. She loved the choreography and was extremely grateful for J-Hope being able to come up with unique choreography and take time to show her on top of their already packed practices. She had made it a point to not let any of her members see the performance or her practicing it; she wanted to surprise them. She also wanted to show them that they hadn't made a mistake in letting her become a part of their group. She took a deep breath as she heard her managers voice in her earpiece, telling her she had about 10 seconds before it was going to start.

She heard a course of fighting's from the other members and smiled, nodding her head slightly even though she knew they couldn't see them. She adjusted her half-jacket, making sure that she looked perfect. Her waist-high black shorts fit snuggly around her and she really liked how they made her legs look longer. Her black ankle boots completed her look, the heels making her almost reach Jungkook's height, but it was enough. She felt the lift jerk and she got into position, a bright smile on her face. The music started and she let loose, dancing around stage, hitting all her notes perfectly. She was living for the cheers she heard around her and got lost in the music and performance.

The boys all watched with wide eyes from the screen as staff rushed around putting on finishing touches before they would join Seulki up on the stage. J-Hope watched with proud eyes, his lips turned into a large smile. "She's so good." He said and the others nodded their head. Jin watched on proudly, lip-syncing the lyrics and bobbing his head to the beat. He subtly tried to copy some of the easy arm and hand movements, the stylist scolding him every time he moved as she tried to fix a small snag in his shirt. Namjoon was incredibly shocked; he knew Seulki had a powerful set of lungs on her, but the way she was able to hit the notes, especially the high ones without even a bit of waiver in her voice was astonishing. He quietly envied her ability to dance smoothly with no mistakes and if there was any, only she would know.

Jimin and Taehyung kept releasing a course of "woah" and "wow." They were truly amazed by their younger member. She was owning the stage and she looked terrifically confident with herself. She was smiling, every move she did was with extreme grace and power. Her facial expressions were enough to make anyone go crazy; Jin included. "I think you should put more clothes on her. And she can't make those kinds of expressions! She's only 15. What is wrong with her?" The others chuckled, Namjoon telling him to calm down and just let her live her life. Jungkook was the quietest of all of them, watching with pride and admiration at their youngest member; at his Seulki.

If he was their golden maknae, she was 100% their diamond maknae. He had been there when she was struggling with vocals and timidly asked him for help; he was there when she found some dance moves a little challenging and didn't want to disappoint J-Hope so she asked him for clarification. He was there to help her with her facial expressions, to help her fit into the concept more. He knew she was nothing less than amazing and she was proving that right now to the world, to them, to their fans. She was confident on stage, none of the insecurities the boys were becoming familiar with had even the slightest presence on her face. Her moves her precise, perfect and exactly to the beat; the ones she was having trouble with a few weeks ago now came off as easy and fluid.

They all clapped and cheered along with the crowd as she finished, breathing heavily as the rest of her members came up behind her, moving into the next song. They jumped around stage, performing expertly for two more songs before they had a small break to interact with the fans. Namjoon took this moment to let Seulki know just how proud they were of her and how much she brought to this group. "ARMY!" He yelled out and there was a few moments of screaming and cheering. "Are you all having fun tonight?!" There was more cheering and Suga smiled slightly, bringing his mic to his lips and waiting for everyone to quiet down enough. "ARMY! What did you think of our maknae's performance?!" He asked and the cheers and screaming were louder than before. "She worked really hard to do her best for you!" J-Hope said with a bright smile and more cheers followed.

"We just want to say we're so very proud of her," Namjoon said and there was a course of 'awe's' around the venue. Seulki smiled, blushing slightly. Bowing and thanking their fans and then quickly introducing their next song to try and take the attention off her. As they finished up and walked back to the waiting room, Jungkook came up beside her, wrapping his sweaty arms around her. "Gross," she teased, pushing him away and he just chuckled, hanging on tighter and pulling her closer. "We really are proud of you," he said quietly, only for her ears to hear. She smiled brightly, scrunching her nose as she remembered his armpit sweat was currently rubbing on her shoulder. She elbowed him in his ribs and he let go with an 'oof' and a glare at her.

"You stink." She winked.