Chapter 2: Elven City & Elif?

Surrounded by beautiful lush forests was an enormous city with walls lining the edge of the forest to keep the inhabitants safe from potential danger outside. Inside the walls was a beautiful city with magnificent structures as far as the eyes could see, there was flourishing vegetation accompanying the structures, and they didn't diminish the beauty; they instead gave the city a fresh breath of life, enhancing the already wonderful atmosphere of the city.

Inhibiting the fantastic city where people of many different races, some of them walked around with cat ears and a tail, while others walked around with hard scales all over their bodies; some of them even had ethereal bodies, allowing them to float everywhere. This place was a flourishing city without a doubt, but leaving the outer city, we went deeper till we stopped inside the inner city.

The view of the inner city was leagues ahead of the outer city, and if the outer city could be considered a utopia, then the inner city could be compared to heaven; its dazzling architecture was like looking at a painting in awe. The road was paved with gold bricks and bedazzled with beautiful and shiny gems of various colors; further in the distance were mansions hidden inside their land that was separated off between walls and a gate with guards in front that put buildings in the outer city to shame.

The atmosphere in the outer city was bustling and lively; however, the atmosphere in the inner city was quiet but serene, with a very small amount of people present, and the people that were out enjoying themselves were all dressed in fancy clothes that had gold and silver lining stitched on it. Some of them would be sitting in a carriage that various animals were pulling, and others would have an entire entourage of guards following them while they visited multiple shops. But one thing that all people who are present in the inner city have in common is that they all are of the same race, and they are Elves, to be exact; some of the Elves will have dark skin, others will have lighter skin, but they all have beautiful long hair and pointy ears.

Traveling to the deepest parts of the city was a giant Palace, so enormous that even those mansions from earlier were merely one-tenth the size of the Palace. The outsides were surrounded by even more beautiful lush forests, and all that was encased in a large wall that spanned so far you couldn't even see where the wall turned. At the front of the Palace was a giant gate that led directly to the main road, but several guards were guarding the gate, and these guards were far more intimidating than the ones protecting the mansions from earlier.

The Palace itself gave off a feeling of majesty, strength, power, pride, ancientness, life, and nature, but even though it gave off those feelings, no one would notice as they would be so awed and engrossed in the beauty of the palace to think about anything else. Its beautiful architectural design was so marvelously breathtaking that it would be impossible to describe it with coherent words; all you could do was stand still and gaze in amazement at the palace that was in front of you.

The inside of the Palace is just as glorious as the outside, causing anyone who walks these halls for the first time to be shocked. Still, by going further inside and making several turns, passing through the beautiful scenery, you would eventually make it to a single door. While that door seemed quite ordinary compared to the rest of the Palace, one of the most important events that will happen to the city is taking place.

Inside the room is a woman lying on a large bed, with her legs spread open; she is currently covered in a blanket, so you can't fully see her body, but her face alone is enough to give you an idea of how beautiful she is. She has slightly curved eyebrows that are just the right size, her cheekbones are high, making her full lips stand out even more, and her eyes are bright silver, adding to her silver hair. This beautiful lady is clearly an Elf with dark skin, but the difference between her and the other Elfs is the golden mark on her forehead.