Chapter 44: Elif and Idonea

"Just call me Prince Elif, and I'm sure you already know who I am, so I won't bother introducing myself; however, do you know why I asked Illumia to bring you to me?"

"No, Prince Elif." Replied Idonea, who had stopped bowing and stood before Elif's throne.

"Well, the reason why I wished to talk with you was that among all of the nobles, you're the only one who interested me." Said Elif while watching Idonea's reaction to his statement.

"Really?" Asked Idonea doubtfully as she found it hard that someone like her could've gained Elif's interest.

"Yes; if not, why would I have Illumia bring you here?" Replied Elif, as he looked at Idonea questioningly.

"I just find it hard to believe that someone as insignificant as me would gain the Prince's interest." Said Idonea, who no longer seemed as nervous as before after observing Elif's personality.

"You've gained my interest, so stop fretting over that; compared to the rest of the nobles, you're far more experienced when it comes to fighting; also, I'm curious about your physique." Stated Elif with curiosity laced in his voice while looking at Idonea.

"The place where I live is quite dangerous, so I've been forced to fight almost every day to survive; however, I've already been tested, and I don't have a special physique." Replied Idonea while showing signs of sadness and hatred halfway through.

"That's weird. Aren't you the daughter of a Baron? Even if he's a low-ranking noble, you should at least be living a slightly better life than a commoner; why aren't you?" Asked Elif curiously with a frown on his face.

"My father is quite irresponsible, so I usually live independently." Answered Idonea while exuding killing intent.

'Hmm, she's giving me the same feeling as the ninth lightning tribulation; I believe they called it killing intent?' Thought Elif while Idonea reined in her killing intent back in.

"Hmm, well, back to your physique; I'm quite confident you have one, as during your last battle, abnormal amounts of vitality would transfer between your five senses. Illumia, can you check what Idonea's physique is?"

"Of course, your highness." Replied Illumia as she made her over to Idonea.

When Illumia put her hand on the back of Idonea's neck, she didn't try rejecting her, which would've made things unnecessarily difficult, and allowed Illumia's Qi to flow freely through her body. A couple of seconds later, Illumia took her hand back as she made her way over to my side again.

"As I said before, I don't have a special-" Said Idonea, though she stopped speaking when she heard Illumia's words.

"Idonea has a low God physique." Said Illumia while interrupting Idonea.

"See, I was correct. Now, since you were already tested, why were you informed you had no physique?" Asked Elif to no one specifically, just voicing his thoughts.

"H-How's that possible!? I shouldn't have a physique, and knowing my father, he wouldn't have ever lied about something like that!" Said Idonea, who seemed to be in the middle of a mental breakdown.

"Actually, your highness, Idonea's physique had been sealed away for a couple of years, and it's most likely her physique was sealed away before she was tested." Said Illumia, who had just now informed everyone of something important.

"That would've been helpful earlier, Illumia, so why didn't you unseal it?" Asked Elif, looking at Illumia with annoyance.

"Because unsealing a physique will be quite a painful experience."