Chapter 81: Truth or Lie?

It's been a few days since the incident with Elif, and ever since then, I haven't heard from him or Gel, and while I've been tempted to bother her, I did what I was told and refrained from doing so. Currently, I'm sitting on the porch, spending quality time with my wives, though, out of the blue, we saw Idonea suddenly appear right in front of me, and before I could do anything, the scenery around us changed. Now I am standing in the sects conference room.

"Your Highness, I've brought Comet." Said Idonea as she threw Comet just before Elif's throne.

"Good; now that you're here, you can fulfill your end of the deal and tell me your secret." Ordered Elif with a slight smirk.

Looking at his face, various emotions welled up inside me, such as jealousy, resentment, and fear; however, all those were overpowered by my immense wrath.

'This bastard! Smirking at me with that exquisite face! I swear to my name that one day our positions will be reversed, and I'll humiliate you just like you humiliated me!' Thought Comet cruelly while imagining different ways to humiliate Elif.

"Do not ignore, his Highness!" Said Idonea with venom in her voice as she pressured Comet onto his knees, snapping him out of his little daydream.

'Dammit! Don't think I forget about you too bitch; I'll have you on your knees begging for my c*ck! Gel, it's an emergency! Have you finished coming up with a believable lie yet!?' Exclaimed Comet in his mind before focusing on the more pressing matters.

'Yes, I've finished; I was just making sure the lie had no holes in it. Now, let me take control of your body for this.' Declared Gel as she appeared within the system window.

'Alright, you better not mess this up, Gel!' Said Comet's soul as he withdrew himself from his body, allowing Gel to take command.

___

___

"You're really testing my patience Comet." Said Elif, tapping his throne while eyeing the kneeling Comet with a slight frown.

While waiting to get a reaction out of Comet, I had faintly sensed his persona change before returning to normal; it was so faint that I almost missed it, and if I hadn't been focusing on him, I would've overlooked it. Waving my hand for Idonea to back off, Comet finally stood back up, and when I looked at him in the eye, I saw nothing wrong or out of place. The anger and hate were still there; from what I sensed earlier, I knew something was different; I just couldn't pinpoint it.

'Maybe his soul houses two different personalities? That would explain why his soul was previously unstable; still, that is a far-fetched conclusion with the amount of evidence I have. Hmm, I'll make sure to focus completely on him while he explains his secret; hopefully, I'll spot something.' Thought Elif while looking down at Comet, who seemed to be the same as always.

"Are you finally ready to tell me your secret? I will not be asking again." Asked Elif in a tone full of annoyance.

"Yes, I'm ready, but the deal was only to tell you about my secret. So until she leaves, I'll be keeping my mouth shut." Declared Comet as he pointed to Idonea in the distance.

"Could you leave Idonea?" Ordered Elif with a grunt of annoyance as he eyed Comet.

"Your Highness, are you sure? This man has proven to be very suspicious, and although the chances are incredibly slim, it's possible he might have a Saint artifact in his arsenal." Asked Idonea, not even bothering to hide her killing intent as she eyed Comet.

"Yes, I'm sure. Besides, even if he did have a Saint artifact, with his cultivation base, he wouldn't be capable of unleashing its true power; he would, at most, be able to make me take him slightly seriously." Said Elif, to which Idonea no longer disobeyed his orders and disappeared from the room, leaving Comet and Elif alone.