Chapter 69: Elaine's Weapon

Honestly, I was surprised by how lenient the punishment was as compared to other groups that would kill both the parents and the child. In the rare case of killing everyone involved, we were much more forgiving, though we did kill the parent and separated the child.

"T-That was more merciful than I anticipated; I was ready for you to inform me that we would kill them all if I'm being honest." Said Elif, not sure how to really feel about the whole situation.

"We're not that inhumane to our own people; we would almost never kill a Royal Elf; doing so would greatly weaken the next couple of generations to be born, and it is just not worth it." Said Maria as she finally let Elif go, to which he quickly escaped and sat back in his seat.

"Elfs can give birth asexually? I didn't know that." Commented Elif, wondering why that information wasn't in the book 'Species of the OverRealm'.

"No, Elfs can't. Once you reach a high enough level of cultivation, it is possible to reproduce asexually. Still, if someone from a species that is meant to produce sexually gives birth asexually, their offspring's talent will be greatly limited." Explained Marcus.

"Well, I guess that was some good information to know?" Muttered Elif shivering as he imagined himself giving birth asexually.

"I think I've learned enough information for today; I'm going to retire to my room." Said Elif, feeling weird about the whole conversation.

"Wait, Elif, how long do you anticipate it'll take you to advance to the Divine realm?" Asked Maria, figuring now would be an excellent time to have Elif experience something.

"Hmm, I've just recently advanced to the peak of the Half-step Divine, and given that the Divine realm is next, which means I'll have to be extra prepared, I'll estimate about four months, possibly five. Why the sudden interest, mother?" Said Elif with a thinking expression.

"Nothing, I just figured now wouldn't be a bad time to send you off." Muttered Maria, causing Marcus to quickly catch on to what she meant.

"You think now is the best time for that? You know he'll vehemently refuse the idea, especially since he'll miss Elaine going through her first Heavenly Tribulation." Said Marcus, surprised she'll pick right now as the time.

"I know; that's why I was going to send him off after Elaine had succeeded her Heavenly Tribulation; otherwise, I doubt he'd be willing to leave." Stated Maria, to which Marcus now saw nothing wrong with her idea.

"What are you both talking about?" Asked Elif curiously as he heard his name being mentioned while standing by the exit, fanning himself with his quạt tay.

"We'll tell you after Elaine has succeeded in her Heavenly Tribulation; also, make sure to summon your follower, Idonea." Said Marcus as he stood up and vanished from his spot, Maria following right behind him, leaving a confused and curious Elif all alone.

'Ok, I guess I'll just head to my room?' Thought Elif with a shake of his head as he left the dining room with Illumia and headed back to his room.

Of course, I checked on Elaine on my way back to my room, though she was nowhere to be found, much to my confusion since, with how excited she was about cultivation, I figured she would be in her room cultivating.

"Her highness had advanced to the Foundation Establishment realm while you were conversing with their Majesties, your highness." Said Illumia, causing Elif to realize why his parents so quickly disappeared.

"Tch, they're at the treasury, aren't they? And they didn't even bother informing me, whatever; I'll wait in Elaine's room until she returns; it shouldn't take too long." Muttered Elif in annoyance as he hovered over Elaine's bed and started cultivating; however, Elif failed to realize that his first visit to the treasury was a one-of-a-kind experience, having not even taken an hour to accomplish everything.