Chapter 10: Erdtree & Great Grandfather

While I was lost in thought thinking about my physique and the implications of having a more enormous Qi reserve than normal, grandfather informed me about it.

"This is such a blessing in disguise for you, Elif, that it's unbelievable!" Declared Tyler while looking at Elif with a smile.

"With your talents, you could be considered a child of Heaven." Remarked Tiana.

"I don't understand what you mean. By having this Myriad Immortal Physique, doesn't that mean I'll have to absorb more Qi, which would, in turn, make me cultivate slower?" Asked Elif, with a confused frown on his face.

"Yes, what you said is true, you will need much more Qi than normal, but did you forget the spirit root you had? Even if you were to cultivate five times slower, your speed of cultivation would still surpass that of a low God spirit root, and don't forget what type of existence you were born into; with our rich and vast heritage, do you know how much resources you will be allowed access to help you cultivate?" Declared Tyler with pride.

"Umm, a lot?" Answered Elif with uncertainty.

"A lot doesn't even begin to justify how much resources we have; if you were given merely one percent of all resources that we had, you would be far more wealthy than every noble household in our empire, combined." Replied Maria, with evident pride.

I can't really comprehend how much that is, as I haven't interacted with any of the nobles, but I'm just going to assume that's a lot. However, either way, I would've still had access to the resources even if I didn't have a unique physique, which means I would've been able to cultivate even faster.

"But I'm still going to cultivate slower than I would've before." Muttered Elif under his breath quietly, but as everyone around him had an impressive cultivation base, they easily heard his complaining.

"Quit your whining, Elif, you were born with his physique, and you can't change it, so your just going to have to deal with it. Besides, one thing you need to understand is that cultivation speed doesn't necessarily mean strength; there's a lot of stuff you need to consider when it comes to cultivation." Reprimanded Marcus.

'Haa, father's right, there's nothing I can do to change it, might as well just accept it.' Thought Elif.

"Ok, with all that stuff out of the way, I think it's finally time for you to learn the Royal Elven Cultivation Manual." Stated Tyler as he put down his teacup and snapped his fingers, causing the scenery to change from the beautiful and vibrant forest to everyone standing in front of a magnificent Tree.

By the time I realized what grandfather had done, I wasn't that surprised, and I didn't care, but the reason for that was standing in front of me was the largest Tree I'd ever laid my eyes upon. I mean, it was so huge that Its canopy was blocking out the afternoon sky, I couldn't see the top, but from how large the base was, I could only Imagine the gargantuan size of the tree in front of me.

"Hahaha, both of your parents had the same reaction when they first laid eye's on the Erdtree." Said Tyler, smiling at Elif's reaction.

"I believe Maria's reaction was worse than Elif's if I remember correctly." Stated Marcus, causing Maria to glare at him.

"Ok, dear, I believe you've gawked at the Erdtree enough, and close your mouth; you're a Prince, have some etiquette."Said Tiana, chuckling at Elif's awed face.

Closing my mouth, I stared at the Erdtree, as they call it, and asked something that has been bugging me ever since I laid eye's on the giant golden Tree.

"With a tree this big, how have I never seen this from the castle?" Asked Elif in confusion.

"That's because this place, along with the Erdtree, is situated within another dimension, so it's normal for you to have never noticed it." Answered Maria while also looking at the Erdtree.