Chapter 120: Truth Finally Spoken

"It seems I was late to the party; what were you guys talking about?" Said Edvin in a merry mood as he sat beside Fulton, directly across from Eyvor.

"We were talking about the battle Prince Elif fought in; unfortunately, I was doing something, so I couldn't watch the battle; however, I heard you displayed an astonishing feat, Prince Elif." Answered Fulton while frowning at Edvin's arrival.

"Yes, you should've been there, Fulton; Prince Elif fought against three powerful opponents, and even though they used a battle formation, they were still defeated! Not to mention that they had trapped him in an illusion, yet Prince Elif still managed to break out of it with seemingly relative ease." Remarked Yolen, who also frowned at Edvin's presence before excitedly discussing the battle.

When Yolen said that, Fulton's eyes widened in shock and disbelief as he briefly looked at me before staring at Eyvor for confirmation.

"Yolen is speaking the truth; I, too, found it hard to believe that someone the same age as me was capable of such a thing." Said Eyvor as she nodded at Fulton while still feeling slightly incredulous about the entire battle.

"Haa, now I wish I could've been there as well. Hopefully, someone recorded it on a crystal ball so I can watch it later." Commented Clove with a sad sigh.

"I already have a recording of the battle on a crystal ball; I planned on watching it, but the banquet was about to commence, so I was forced to postpone it. If you want, I can send the crystal ball when I finish it." Said Fulton, to which Clove happily nodded in agreement.

"I still don't understand why you guys are making such a big deal out of the battle; from my perspective, it was not that impressive." Remarked Elif, and while everyone thought he was merely being humble, Eyvor and Edvin knew he truly meant those words.

"Haha, no need to be so humble, Prince Elif; escaping an illusion is an extraordinary achievement for someone of your age and experience." Said Patriarch Aasveig with a smile while laughing.

"Whatever you say, Patriarch Aasveig." Replied Elif in a dismissive tone.

"Anyways, let us change topics since the one involved doesn't really seem to be interested in the conversation; how about explaining your experience at Fairyopolis? I heard you and Eyvor did some gambling." Stated Edvin, though the real reason why he decided to change topics was he didn't like Elif being praised.

"As I already said before you arrived, Fairyopolis was quite entertaining, though Eyvor and I didn't manage to explore the entirety of Fairyopolis. We plan to finish where we left off before I leave, if you don't mind, Eyvor?" Said Elif as he looked to the left at Eyvor.

"Yes, I would love to continue exploring Fairyopolis with you." Replied Eyvor with a beautiful smile, which elicited various thoughts from everyone present.

"Ho, with the way you asked that, Prince Elif, it seems like you're asking Eyvor on a date. Or maybe you are asking her on a date?" Declared Yolen as she suspiciously eyed Elif and Eyvor while smirking, though her words generated various emotions from the people present.

I was about to deny her claim; however, when I glanced at Edvin and noticed his ugly expression, it caused me to remember what Eyvor had told me about Edvin and what he did to any male that got close to her. Nevertheless, since he already harbors malicious intentions for me, I figured I should repay him for his poor attempt to humiliate me.

"Y-Yolen! Don't assume things like that; Prince Elif was merely being friendly; he didn't mean it like that! Besides, he doesn't know his way around Fairyopolis, and my presence can help him!" Exclaimed Eyvor with a blushed face as she attempted to rationalize Elif's statement.