Chapter 144: Elif's Victory!

Although I knew there was no chance for us to win after coming this far, I didn't plan to just give up, and it seemed like everyone else thought the same as I did. Trying to catch my breath, I intently stared at Prince Elif in the sky while the five of us were ready to give our last stand, yet before we could even coordinate an attack, he suddenly disappeared from our eyes, catching us all off guard.

"No, he didn't disappear; he's simply moving so fast that, to our eyes, he's vanished." Remarked Shelia quietly while her eyes constantly darted around as she attempted to follow Elif's trail.

"I see; it's incredibly faint and difficult, but I'm barely able to sense his presence. He's moving so fast that he might as well be everywhere." Said Echo with a frown while she and everyone else tried following Elif's trail, though he was simply too fast.

"He's so fast that I'm forced to follow his afterimage, and even then, I'm having some difficulty." Muttered Birger with an ugly expression while sensing Elif's afterimage.

"Our situation is no different than yours, Birger." Said Goliath while frowning.

While I was intently keeping track of Prince Elif, all of a sudden, he completely vanished from my senses; looking at everyone else's ugly expression, I concluded the same thing also happened to them.

"Anyone knows what happened!? He just suddenly vanished; I can't even sense his afterimage!" Stated Echo while warily observing her surroundings.

While the five of us were searching for Prince Elif, I suddenly felt a soft hand atop my shoulder, and considering Birger was to my left, I figured it was him, so I didn't look at him.

"What do you want, Birger?" Asked Eyvor while still intently observing the vicinity.

"I didn't call you, Eyvor- SHIT! It's Prince Elif!" Said Birger as he looked at Eyvor, only to suddenly exclaim in shock while preparing to attack.

Hearing Birger suddenly yell, I swiftly turned to look behind me, as that's the direction Birger was facing, yet when I did, I froze in shock when I realized the hand atop my shoulder didn't belong to Birger. It was instead the hand of Prince Elif, and while his touch would usually make me happy, that wasn't the case right now.

Seeing his gorgeous smiling face so close to mine filled me with great nervousness, not only because I had romantic feelings for him but because we were in the middle of battle. Although I should be trying to escape his clutches from the power radiating off of him, I knew my chances of successfully escaping him were slim, not to mention I was incredibly exhausted, even if hardly injured. Once I came to terms with my assured defeat, I figured I could at least stall him; that would give them a better chance of winning.

"So, h-how has your day been, Prince Elif?" Asked Eyvor with an unnatural smile while looking at Elif, who was easily blocking various attacks from her teammates.

"It was pretty good, but now isn't the best time for that kind of conversation; I'll tell you about it when you awaken." Said Elif lightly, his words filling Eyvor with confusion.

"Awaken? Don't you know cultivators-" Replied Eyvor, though she couldn't finish speaking as Elif had attacked her with the back of his blade, knocking her unconscious with one attack.
___
___

Catching Eyvors unconscious body, I manipulated my Qi to float her toward the ground while eyeing the four in the distance while smirking.

"One down, four more to go." Remarked Elif before suddenly charging toward Shelia with immense speed.

Once I appeared before Shelia, without giving her any chance to react, I launched a Heavenly Scar at her; although that attack contained enough power to kill her easily, her damaged armor should be more than capable of absorbing a large chunk of my sword wave before it gets destroyed.

And just like I anticipated, when Shelia and my Heavenly Scar came into contact, her armor dispersed most of the power in my attack before it broke. She was sent crashing toward the ground, causing a giant explosion that erupted with enough force to destroy the island. However, because Illumia had isolated the space, only a tiny portion of the island got damaged. When the dense cleared, the only thing present was the heavily injured body of an unconscious Shelia.

"Two down, three to go."

Ignoring Shelia, I eyed Goliath, and the moment I did, he slightly flinched as his skin was once again blackened; however, now that I was planning to end this battle, such a thing was useless. Raising my hand, I manifested a giant purple palm before sending it toward Goliath, who decided not to evade it and take it head-on, which was a foolish move, though it wouldn't have mattered what his decision was either way. The moment my palm was about to hit him, Goliath raised both of his arms in an attempt to stop my purple palm, though when they came in contact, Goliath wasn't even given a chance to fight back as my palm swatted his unconscious body out of the sky like a bug.

"Three down, two to go." Said Elif while glancing between Echo and Birger.

While deciding who to eliminate next, both Echo and Birger began launching various attacks at me, though they kept their distance from me, not like it mattered.

'Hmm, how about eliminating simultaneously?' Thought Elif calmly with a smirk while deflecting the numerous attacks with Hokori.

Looking at Echo and Birger, I suddenly began dancing with Hokori while also deflecting their attacks with ease, but it became even easier as I used the Fairy Sword Dance. Taking a deep breath, I calmed my mind as I channeled Qi into Hokori, causing a purple ethereal flame to engulf the blade, and once I was ready, I began launching numerous Heavenly Scars toward the duo; however, I was using the blunt side of Hokori; otherwise, something untold might happen as the technique I'm using was still in the experimental phase.

Although because I was using the blunt side of Hokori, my Heavenly Scars were weaker than before, it made no difference as the numerous purple sword waves easily sliced and destroyed the various attacks from Echo and Birger while still continuing on their path toward them. When they realized their attacks weren't getting through the dense sea of incoming Heavenly Scars, they attempted to scatter, yet before they could, I stopped attacking at their exact location and began aiming at their surroundings, blocking off any chance for escape.

Once I successfully blocked off their espace routes, I slowly closed in on them, and Echo, who understood their inevitable defeat at this rate, attempted something suicidal and tried to charge through the sea of Heavenly Scars; however, it didn't work, there was simply too many sword waves for her to dodge and evade, not to mention some of them are illusions, so Echo was swiftly taken down.

Then I focused back on Birger, who had encased himself in an ethereal tree surrounded by thick tree roots; however, it merely prolonged his defeat, and the moment I broke through the tree and reached Birger, I had won. Seeing Birger's unconscious body land not too far away from Echo, I stopped attacking before floating down and landing on the island.

"Five down, zero to go." Said Elif with a light smirk, though his breathing was quite ragged as he had again used his incomplete technique.

___
Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]
___
___
Elven Legacy (Chapter 232: Third Epiphany) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 114: First Guardian Defeated!) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 195: Kuja Pirates Vs Frenzy Pirates!)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 136: Interrogation Or Play?) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]