Chapter 70: Elaine's First Training Session

Right now, Illumia, Maxim, Elaine, and I are at the spot where I usually train at. Currently, Maxim and Elaine are in the arena preparing for their first sparring session, though I have a feeling the smile on Elaine's face will quickly vanish once they begin fighting.

"So, are you not going to try and stop this, your highness? You did sound like you quite disliked the idea yesterday." Asked Illumia, checking upon Elif as he had yet to say a word since they arrived.

"I was merely venting my annoyance, that's all; trying to stop it would be useless; mother and father had already agreed for this to take place. Besides, I may have always claimed to protect Elaine yesterday, and while I always will, I may not always be physically capable of doing so. If the OverRealm is truly as dangerous as mother, father, and you've informed me of, then it would be best for Elaine to get stronger, lest she winds up in grave danger all because of me being overprotective of her." Said Elif with a sigh of defeat and annoyance while muttering the last sentence to himself before focusing back onto Elaine and Maxim as they were about to start sparring.

___

___

"Now, your highness, are you ready?" Asked Maxim solemnly as he brought out a wooden lance from his dimension ring and wielded it.

"Ye-" Replied Elaine as she held her scythe with a smile, though she instantly went quiet when she noticed Maxim had arrived before her.

"This isn't a game, your highness; focus. If this were a real battle, you'd already be dead with a hole through your head." Advised Maxim as he retracted his outstretched hand, which held the lance directly parallel to Elaine's head before appearing at his previous location.

I didn't know what happened; in one instance, he was in the distance, and in the next, he was already in front of me; I only managed to register what transpired once he had returned to his original spot. When that occurred, for the first time in my life, I felt fear; I was scared, and the smile on my face instantly vanished; I could feel my arms and legs shaking from fright and nervousness, but when I heard brother's voice my fear slowly dissipated, the same couldn't be said about my anxiety though.

'Calm down, Elaine, everything's fine; Maxim merely showed you some of his killing intent, alright? He wants you to take this seriously, not think of it as a game you and I would play, ok? So just calm down and ease your mind; being distressed will only cause you to make unnecessary mistakes. I'll be supporting you from the sidelines!' Said Elif softly via divine sense.

Exhaling a long breath, I peeked at brother and saw him looking at me with his usual smile, except I could sense encouragement coming from him as well, and that made me want to show brother that I was capable of doing what he could do as well.

'Alright, Elaine, this isn't time for games; you're a big girl now, so I must act like one!' Thought Elaine as she tried psyching herself up before she faced Maxim.

___

___

"That'll be all for today, your highness; congratulations." Said Maxim as he stored his wooden lance in his dimension ring, though Elaine had already gone to sleep halfway through his speech; luckily, Elif was there to catch her before she collapsed on the ground.

'Magnificent job Elaine, much better than me!' Thought Elif as he carried the exhausted and slightly injured Elaine in his arms with a smile while remembering his first-day training, something he would greatly like to forget.

With Elaine in my arms, I used my Qi to grab her scythe that had been flung out of her hands and stored it in her silver dimension ring before I made my way out of the training grounds while heading towards Ms. Lynda's office with Maxim and Illumia in tow.