Chapter 194: Everything On The Line

Slashing toward the monstrous creature once more, the purple sword wave landed upon his chest, and even though I'd managed to improve my control after every single attack, it seemed to make no difference whatsoever; only a shallow cute atop his chest would remain, while he continued to open the portal slowly.

At this rate, I was just wasting my life away as every single attack cost thousands of years of my life, if not more, and all it managed to do was create shallow cuts that didn't even cause any actual damage other than making him bleed. However, I also couldn't let up either since if I did that, he'd use that chance to enter this realm; the portal was already large enough for him to squeeze through, and the only thing keeping him at bay was my continuous attacks, and the instant I stop, he'll come barging through.

'What can I do here!? I've got no remaining talisman; it's not like they would help much, as they can only display the power of a peak Half-step Celestial, and my strength is far higher than that. The same logic applies to my artifacts; no matter how much Qi I imbue them with, they can't exceed their predetermined limit.' Pondered Elif with an intense expression as he continuously attacked the powerful Nether monster, not stopping for a second since that was all the creature would need.

I wasn't going to be able to stop him; I've already determined that I'm only temporarily holding him back. However, while this sounds like it would be even harder to do, I might be able to kill him; despite this creature's robust physique, it still has weak points, like the eyes, which lead a pathway directly to its brain. Considering how he's not attempting to defend himself from any of my attacks, there is a chance I can catch him off guard; the only problem now is, which technique should I use to do so?

'Should I use Heavenly Pierce or Gyakusatsu? Heavenly Pierce will be stronger, but the problem with that is even though it's slightly stronger than Gyakusatsu, I'll be forced to stop attacking for a short moment, and if I do that, there is a good chance, he'll use that respite to enter this realm. Once that happens and he's no longer required to keep the portal open, I'm done for; I'm only lasting this long because he's not retaliating.' Thought Elif with a frown as he looked at the monster's eyes, which were staring directly into his purple eyes.

I was more confident in using Heavenly Pierce, not to mention it was slightly stronger, but under no circumstances could I give the monster a chance to enter this realm, which meant I'd be forced to use Gyakusatsu. Which did have its pros given the situation; I could use the technique while still attacking, and that was about it, but that's all that mattered. It was a little weaker, but in all honestly, I could easily make for that weakness by just using more Qi, which would deplete the amount of time I could use the forbidden technique, but it was okay; I just couldn't mess this chance up, I will be given only on chance most likely, and It needed to count.

While attacking the monster, which I'm pretty sure is a Demon or at least previously a Demon before being corrupted by Nether Qi, I released my left hand from Hokori's hilt and brought it to my side as I began to converge a substantial amount of Qi to my index finger; causing a small, glowing, purple sphere of incredibly dense Qi to manifest.

Once I was ready, I sliced toward the monster, blocking his view with a heavenly scar, and quickly outstretched my left hand, firing a dense purple beam toward the monster, aiming specifically for its eye. Just like usual, when the heavenly scar landed atop his body, other than slightly pushing him back, it did next to nothing; however, it was merely a diversion from the actual attack. The instant after the purple sword wave dispersed, the purple beam appeared a mere hair's breadth before the monster's eye; even with its superior cultivation base, it could only widen its eyes before the purple beam penetrated his eye.

Immediately after, the monster grabbed his punctured eye in pain; seeing that, although my goal wasn't fully achieved, I increased my flurry of attacks, even going so far as to utilize both Fairy Sword Dance and Heavenly Scar, completely disregarding my Qi consumption. With only one of his hands on the portal and my relentless assault, I was pushing him back even further than before; I could vividly see my attacks were causing his grip to loosen, which only served to increase my already potent vigor.