Chapter 15: Illumia & Foundation Establishment

Though the reactions I got weren't what I was expecting.

"Elif, get down from the table." Reprimanded Maria.

"But, Mother, I caught a spy; see, look behind you!" Stated Elif, annoyed at how no one seemed to be taking him seriously.

Mother sighed before turning around and eyeing the spy, who still thought she could keep her cover from being exposed in front of Mother.

"I have brought his highness Elif as you've asked Empress Maria." Said the servant as she bowed before Maria.

"I can see that, but care to tell me why my son thinks you're a spy, Illumia?" Asked Maria, grabbing the bridge of her nose while trying to suppress her laughter.

"I do not know; all I did was knock on his door and follow him here." Stated the servant, who's known as Illumia, with slight confusion in her voice as she looked at Elf.

"Hmph, see, Mother, she said she knocked on the door; no servant has ever knocked on my door, so she must be a spy trying to collect information on me like what Father said." Said Elif, explaining his evidence while also exposing Marcus, causing Tiana's anger to be directed toward him.

"Hoho, so you're the reason why Elif is so paranoid; care to tell me why you informed him about the spies?" Asked Tiana in anger.

"Well, you know, Mother, it just slipped out while talking; mistakes happen sometimes." Answered Marcus nervously as he tried reasoning with Tiana, though he stopped talking as he knew it was pointless to argue with her.

"Hahaha, you should hurry and tell him the truth, Maria." Said Tyler, laughing at the situation Elif had created.

"Alright, Elif, first off, get down from the table, and secondly, Illumia isn't a spy." Announced Maria.

"But what about her maid attire? It doesn't match with any of the other uniforms, and her breasts seem too large to be real; she could be hiding weapons in there." Asked Elif, who quickly sat in his seat before Maria got mad at him.

"Her attire is unique as her job is quite special, and the reason her breasts are so large is because of her family genetics." Said Maria eyeing Illumia's large breasts.

"So she's not a spy?" Asked Elif, feeling dejected at not finding a spy.

"Haha, no, she isn't a spy; she's your personal maid that your parents have assigned to you." Answered Tyler, who was still laughing.

Finding out she wasn't actually a spy annoyed me, and it didn't help that grandfather was laughing either, so I just ate my food in silence while eyeing Illumia, who was standing by the dining room door in annoyance; once I finished, I got up and walked out of the dining room.

"I'm going back to my room to cultivate." Said Elif, who was still discouraged from earlier

"Oh dear, cheer up and stop being so dramatic; also, when you advance to the Foundation Establishment realm, come visit us, ok." Said Maria, shaking her head at how easily a child's emotions can change.

"Ok, mother."

While walking back to my room, I noticed Illumia following right behind me, but I ignored her since I was still annoyed with her; once I arrived at my door, I walked into my room and sat on my bed in a meditative position, though it seemed like I wasn't the only one in my room.

"Why are you in my room?" Asked Elif.

"As your personal maid, I must always be available to you, your highness." Answered Illumia respectfully.

"Whatever, do what you want; just don't disturb me." Said Elif, who resumed his cultivation from earlier.

After a while of cultivating, I suddenly felt like I hit some ethereal wall that prevented me from absorbing Qi, though the weird thing was that wall was incredibly fragile; it felt like just a light gust of wind would shatter it, and that's precisely what I did. Taking control of the Qi inside my body, I mobilized it to hit the ethereal, and the moment they came into contact, the wall instantly shattered like glass. Right after, I suddenly felt a surge of energy flood my body that made me feel great; I don't know how else to describe it other than feeling wonderful. When the energy settled down, I opened my eyes, checking my body to see if anything had changed, though when I noticed nothing different, I stood up and hit the ceiling.