Chapter 80: Old Demon

After comforting May about the whole situation with that brat, I headed back to my private villa, and once I was alone in my cultivation room, I sat down, and with the help of Gel, we tried coming up with ways to keep the system a secret.

"That was very reckless of you, Comet; for the safety of you and everyone you hold dear, you should never tell a soul about the Immortal Energy System. The consequences of doing so can be much more disastrous than you could imagine." Said Gel, manifesting her small body atop Comet's outstretched hand.

"I know. You've told me many times in the past, but what else was I supposed to do in that situation? Do nothing and watch how the sect May loves gets destroyed, along with the death of thousands of disciples." Asked Comet sarcastically with slight anger.

"Yes." Answered Gel, causing Comet to be taken aback by her heartless response.

"Listen, Comet; I'm the System's Ego, and my job is to keep the host, which is you, alive at all costs so that you can grow stronger. I don't care about anyone else's life or well-being, not random strangers, not the Sects disciples, not May, and not your wives." Stated Gel in an almost emotionless voice, causing Comet to be shocked at the revelation.

"You, never mind; we can discuss that issue later, now isn't the time. We need to figure out how to keep the system a secret from that kid; you're the smart one in the group; got any ideas?" Asked Comet, deciding to ignore her earlier comment and focus on the more pressing matter.

"There are not many options you have; you could lie to him, and with the help from the system, he won't be able to see through your falsehood; however, the problem with that is you need to come up with a believable lie, and while that wouldn't be too difficult for me, the real issue would lay in your acting ability. Do you think you could lie to him, knowing that he may destroy the sect and kill everyone you love if he finds out the truth?" Said Gel, standing up from Comet's hand and floating around the air.

"No, I'd never been a good liar, whether it was this life or my past life. Anything else?" Asked Comet, releasing a sigh.

"You can't kill him; he is far too powerful, and he has a Divine subordinate always protecting him, and with his prestigious status, it shouldn't even be used as a last-ditch effort. You could gamble and tell him the truth about the system; from how Prince Elif behaves, he is far too prideful to ever go back on his word, so as long as you stay within the Colossal Sect, you'll live. However, this option should only be used if we don't have better ideas." Declared Gel, while Comet sat down on his bed in a thinking position.

"How about this? What if I seduce his subordinate and have her turn to our side?" Stated Comet with a prideful smile and slight lust in his eyes.

"While it may be doable, it'll be impossible to pull off given the situation. Ms. Idonea never leaves Prince Elif's side, and if you haven't noticed by now, neither has ever taken a breath since we first encountered each other. Without the help of an aphrodisiac, you won't be able to seduce her, especially with how much she dislikes you." Answered Gel, already used to his lustful tendencies even in a bad situation.

"So, any other options, or is that it?" Asked Comet, sitting back down on the bed feeling dejected.

"There is one more actually, never mind; you won't agree to it. Until Prince Elif summons us, I'll fabricate a series of lies to deceive him, so try not to bother me, and you, Comet, try not to anger him any more than you already have." Said Gel, a weird glint briefly appearing in her eyes before her figure disappeared.

'Haa, I guess spending time with my wives won't be a bad idea.' Thought Comet as he left his room and headed towards the location of where his wives were.