Chapter 123: Crown Prince Elif

"I've come to stop you from killing Edvin, and while I may not be able to physically stop you, as the Heir to the Fairy Clan, I must give it my all to protect my clansmen, whether they stepped out of line or not." Replied Eyvor with resolve as she moved in between Elif and Edvin.

"Then, if you don't want to waste any time, I suggest you move; I'm going to kill him." Replied Elif as he ignored Eyvor and began squeezing Edvin, causing him to grunt in agony.

Fortunately for that insect, Edvin, Eyvor, summoned an artifact from her dimension ring before using it to destroy my palm, freeing Edvin from my clutches, which greatly angered me.

"Eyvor, just because we may be friends, don't think you can act however you want before my presence, especially right now." Said Elif coldly as he reached his hand forward and manifested another purple palm; however, compared to the previous palm, Elif was utilizing his full strength this time, which shows how enraged he truly was because even against Comet, he was still massively holding back.

"Prince Elif, h-he was still holding back!? Even when confronted with nearly every clan member from the younger generation, he still hadn't revealed his true strength! Just like Empress Maria said, he truly is a monster." Commented Patriarch Aasveig with a slightly shocked expression; though he wasn't the only person who felt that way, almost everyone watching had the same response, as for the first time in six years, Elif's full strength was on public display.

"This, is this the true might of Prince Elif?" Muttered Fulton in disbelief as he emerged from the hole in the wall his body made when Elif attacked him.

"Is he truly in the same generation as us?" Asked Clove as she also emerged from the hole in the wall.

"Ugh, so this is Elif's true strength; no wonder he views everyone in the OverRealm beneath him. With power like that at my fingertips, I'd also think the same." Said Edvin quietly in shock; though he may hate Elif, even he couldn't stop himself from slightly respecting him for his display of strength.

"P-Prince Elif, please, can you calm down for just a minute and allow us to converse properly?" Asked Eyvor as she tried her best to suppress her fear and remain calm when not only before Elif's killing intent but also his purple palm; seeing his full strength only made her realize that if Elif so wished, without her artifact, she wouldn't be able to resist if he decided to take her life.

Seeing Edvin pitifully kneeling behind Eyvor in fear, my desire to kill him had slightly waned, but not to the point where I'd let him live, just enough where I was willing to take a moment and allow Eyvor to speak. Granted, I will still kill him when she finishes persuading me not to kill Edvin.

"Fine, Eyvor, one minute; you have one minute to persuade me to allow that fool to live; after that, move so I can kill him." Replied Elif as he eyed Eyvor, then Edvin, before folding his arms, though the purple palm was still there hovering over the three of them menacingly, ready to strike down at any moment.

"T-Thank you, Prince Elif." Said Eyvor as she released of sigh of relief.

"I don't know what Edvin did to provoke your anger and incite the desire to kill him, Prince Elif; nonetheless, taking his life would only grant you momentary pleasure while causing permanent damage to our alliance, your alliance with the Kingdom of Druids, and any possible alliance in the future. Those things may not be enough to persuade you but don't forget you're the Crown Prince of the Elven Empire, the future Emperor, and as a future Emperor, your goal and duty is to improve the Elven Empire's standing, prestige, and power, and killing Edvin will cause major complications to this down the road. You're no longer a child, Prince Elif; you have a responsibility; from now on, your actions and words will affect the Elven Empire, whether positive or negative. While they may be minor, who knows what'll happen in the future." Added Eyvor as she finished persuading Elif, though his cold expression never changed.