Chapter 141: Elif Versus Five

Crossing my arms, I blocked one of Goliath's punches before forcefully pushing him away, successfully knocking him slightly off balance; using that opportunity, I swiftly neared him and kicked straight toward his head at the near defenseless Goliath. However, In the middle of the attack, I sensed someone quickly approaching me, so I was forced to interrupt my kick before quickly turning around and deflecting the silver lance; otherwise, It would've pierced my leg.

"Ho, that is slightly rude, don't you think, Shelia? Not even announcing your presence." Remarked Elif with a smirk while holding the silver lance with his outstretched hand that he used to deflect it.

"My apologies, Prince Elif; I plan to join the battle now." Stated Shelia with a smirk as well, though most of her face was concealed by her armor.

I was about to give a sarcastic response; however, before I could, I sensed Shelia channel a good amount of Qi into the lance I was holding, and out of instinct, I released it while gaining some distance. This proved to be the correct action, as Shelia's lance then released a vast amount of lightning; though, luckily, this was regular lightning and not tribulation lightning.

"You have swift reflexes, Prince Elif; that move would catch nearly all of my opponents off guard." Commented Shelia with a frown as she retracted her lance back to her side while eyeing the unharmed Elif.

"Yes, though I can not take all the credit; my mentor practically forced me to have quick reflexes; otherwise, I'd always get hit with a brutal attack. I must say, it wasn't the slightest bit fun." Said Elif while glancing at Illumia in the distance before suddenly vanishing from his spot, which was now occupied by various ethereal tree roots.

"Tch, I was hoping Shelia would've distracted you, Prince Elif." Said Birger with a frown as he eyed Elif, who was standing not too far away from him while his body was enveloped in an ethereal silhouette of a giant tree.

"Well, I tried, but as you can see, he is very nimble on his feet." Remarked Shelia as she glanced at Birger before looking at Elif.

"Besides Birger, after Shelia's attack, you all lost any chance of successfully launching a sneak attack on me; once she decided to join the battle, I made sure to keep my senses locked on all of you. And speaking of all of you, I can't sense Echo or Eyvor, which is very weird." Stated Elif, though instead of feeling confused, he merely smiled.

While standing in the air surrounded by Birger, Shelia, and Goliath, I waited for one of them to attack; however, before I could react, I was suddenly punched in the stomach and forced back several meters before I managed to stop myself, though the weird thing was, the person who attacked me wasn't Birger, Shelia, or Goliath as none had moved from their spots.

"Ugh, I'll give you that one; even though I was expecting it, that still hurts." Said Elif with a slight smile rubbing his stomach before he took on a defensive position.

Standing in a defensive position waiting for the next attack while using my divine sense to its maximum capacity, searching for any subtle signs I could find that would indicate where I would be attacked next, yet every time they attacked, there was no indication whatsoever.

"Hehe; now this, this is a real illusion; it's nothing like what I experienced before." Remarked Elif with a slight smile, currently covered in bruises from the numerous attacks he's taken.

"Haa, when did you figure out you were in an illusion, Prince Elif?" Asked Eyvor; though Elif couldn't see her, he could only hear her voice which seemed to come from everywhere.

"The moment I released Shelia's lance; at that moment, I faintly sensed a familiar Qi encompass me before completely vanishing. Though I must compliment your abilities, Eyvor; this level of illusion is leagues ahead of the one I experienced; I can now finally understand why people would be afraid to fight against a Fairy." Replied Elif while taking a punch to the face, which elicited his irritation.