Chapter 52: Elif VS Marley!

"Hehe, I came to the same conclusion as well, but that just makes the battle more exciting; I was forced to come up with a variation of the Heavenly scar technique just to beat Alf, so what will I think of next to defeat Marley?" Said Elif with an excited smile, which is quite uncharacteristic of him.

With the one-hour intermission, the only thing I did was fill up my Qi reserve and mentally prepare myself to fight against Marley; just as Lynda said, not even halfway through the intermission, she had fully healed me up, leaving me in prime fighting condition. Something I didn't realize until now was that my understanding of sword intent had deepened, and if I had to guess, it was because I found a different way to utilize my sword intent rather than just coating Hokori in it.

'I can feel it; I'm close to acquiring Sword aura; I just require some time to fully digest the experience I gained from fighting Alf, sadly I won't achieve Sword aura before my fight with Marley; I'm sure it could slightly improve my already abysmal chances of defeating her.' Pondered Elif as he continued mentally preparing for the fight.

Time continued to move with me meditating on the throne until it was almost time for the final match to commence; calming my emotions and getting rid of any stray thoughts, I stopped meditating and stood up before making my way to the arena below.

"Do be careful, your highness, and try not to be so reckless as your previous fight." Advised Illumia before Elif left the booth.

"No promises." Said Elif as he flashed a smirk at Illumia before his face returned to its previous indifference and left the booth.

Landing in the arena at the same time as Marley, I focus entirely on her while tightly clutching an unsheathed Hokori as I ignore everything else, even blocking out the loud cheering of the spectators.

"I've been waiting for this moment to show everyone that I, Marley Eve, am the greatest among the younger generation and that not even a Prince can compare to me!" Said Marley with arrogance as enormous as the heavens while looking down upon Elif.

I found her statement unbelievably foolish from my perspective, I mean, currently, she may be the strongest among the younger generation, but she's four years older than me, while I've only been cultivating for two years. I would say give me another year, and I'll be capable of defeating her, but I'm sure by then she'll have advanced to an Early Divine, meaning the half-step chasm would come into play, but either way, she isn't someone that'll be a problem for me in the long run, my cultivation base will eventually surpass her's and leave her in the dust.

"Whatever you say, fool." Responded Elif as curtly as possible while angering Marley at the blatant disregard he had for her.

With only four words, I had angered her enough that she attacked me first as she flew high into the sky before launching a palm attack at me. Of course, I had to respond accordingly, so I launched my purple palm at her incoming attack. When they collided, my palm could only hold back her attack for a second before it got destroyed and continued heading right for me. Clutching Hokori with both of my hands, I hold my sword above my head while coating it sword intent before bringing it down and launching a Heavenly scar right toward the incoming palm, yet just like what previously happened; her attack was merely stopped for a second before it obliterated my purple sword wave, arriving even closer to my location.

With how close the palm was, continuing to attack it would be foolish, so I swiftly vanished from my spot while using the Elven Body Flicker, only to appear in the sky behind Marley. Quickly, I attacked with several sword waves as I tried to catch her off guard. However, to my disappointment, she retaliated by launching another palm attack, and I watched how it smashed through every single one of my attacks while heading straight for me. As I was about to move from my spot, I sensed Marley's earlier attack appear from out of nowhere as she tried to pin me between both of her attacks; however, since it was only two palm attacks, it was still possible for me to evade them, but from observing the previous battle, I saw how she was able to control multiple different techniques at the same time, so I knew if I continued evading them, I would eventually get trapped by her before all of her attacks struck my body. If that happened, I would immediately lose the battle.