Chapter 167: Elif Dislikes Alchemist's

Currently, it's the next day; Illumia and I had spent practicing our techniques for quite some time through the night before we eventually decided to stop, though by then, it was already past midnight, so the remaining time I just cultivated until the first rays of sunshine entered my room; prompting me to quit meditating, as I landed on the bed I had been floating above.

Gracefully touching the soft bed, I released a breath as I opened my eyes and glanced at the window, looking at the morning sky, only to suddenly remember that given we are currently inside a volcano, sunlight shouldn't reach this area, at least not in the morning. Curious, I stood up and floated off the bed toward the window to get a better look; however, in doing so, I happened to spot the sun, or at least a replica of the sun.

'Hmm, seems to be a formation, and quite a complicated one at that; I can't understand anything.' Mused Elif curiously as he scanned the floating ball of densely packed fire with his divine sense, only to be left clueless.

Since I couldn't derive anything from the formation, which was located at the center of the ball of fire, I gave up as I retracted my divine sense before deciding to bathe, figuring I should at least experience some slight enjoyment, considering what is planned for today. Stepping into the bath, I quickly got nude as I entered the already prepared bath, something Illumia had most likely done before she had departed from my room; sitting down, I leaned my head back while enjoying the warm water as it gently caressed my skin ever so pleasantly.

"Haa, this is the life; I would love it if I could just spend most of my days lazing about in a bath." Muttered Elif with a delighted expression while sighing in satisfaction.

Unfortunately, I couldn't stay in here for too long. I still needed to prepare the ingredients for the cauldron burning, and I also needed to acquire a decently powerful Phoenix to assist me, preferably an Alchemist if possible; however, either way, it should be fine. Exiting the bath, I dried myself off with my Qi before putting my clothes back on as I left my room. Heading toward the back courtyard where the massive cauldron is, Illumia appeared beside me just as I exited the residence and approached the cauldron.

"Considering you've never experienced cauldron burning, I'm assuming you don't know the proper ingredients?" Asked Elif as he glanced at Illumia.

"Just because I've never experienced cauldron burning doesn't mean I don't know the required ingredients. Don't forget, your Highness, before this, I was the General of the North; I've tortured many spies and enemies throughout my life." Replied Illumia blandly while walking beside Elif.

"Heh, I suppose you're right, Battle Maniac General." Remarked Elif with a light smile, causing Illumia to smirk in amusement.

"So then, since you know the required ingredients, I'll have you prepare the cauldron while I go and acquire an alchemist; hopefully, it won't take long." Added Elif lightly as he tossed his dimension ring to Illumia, which contains various treasures and resources, before flying off into the air.

"Don't forget this, your Highness; if the Majesties find out you left without this, both you and I will receive heavy punishments." Stated Illumia as she summoned a small tree branch with a single leaf from Elif's dimensions ring before tossing it to him.

Catching the seemingly ordinary tree branch, which is actually a mid-Immortal tier artifact given to every single descendant of the Royal Elves before they ascend to the throne. It's a branch broken off from the trunk of the Realm Tree, and although it looks and feels like an ordinary branch, it's capable of protecting me from anyone with a cultivation base of an Immortal Nascent Soul and below, meaning I'm practically invincible, well as long as some Grand-Ancestor from an Immortal Hegemony doesn't attack me since only they could house someone that powerful.