Chapter 150: Elif's Gift

When I laid eyes on Elif, I first wanted to grab him by the neck and violently strangle him, even if I knew it was merely a piece of his soul and not the real deal; seeing him struggle would slightly ease my anger. However, I held myself back as whatever happened to my lover's soul, he had something to do with it, and if I destroyed this soul, It would take a very long time to figure out how to reverse the effects.

"It's been roughly four years, give or take a few months, since the day you managed to escape from my grasp. I'm honestly shocked someone as talentless as you managed to become a Divine, though when I think about it, it's not surprising; you have that System artifact, after all." Remarked Elif with a carefree demeanor as he stood up from his ethereal throne, which vanished, and approached Comet.

"Tch. Because of our battle, my system was forced into hibernation and was inaccessible, so I was forced to become a Divine through my own efforts." Stated Comet angrily as he folded his arms while eyeing the approaching Elif.

"Wow, now that's something to be shocked about; to think you survived the Heavenly Tribulation all on your own; you've actually managed to impress me." Replied Elif while circling Comet in an amused tone.

Seeing how carefree he was acting even after everything he did made it hard for me to keep my calm, and in a fit of rage, I blasted him with a dense wave of my Qi, which forced him to collide with the wall of the cave, causing the entire area to tremble before he eventually managed to exit from the small hole his frame made, yet even so I couldn't stop myself from clicking my tongue.

'This is just a piece of his soul, yet he is still this powerful?' Thought Comet while frowning as he had used a good chunk of his Qi, yet Elif appeared mostly unharmed when he landed on the ground.

"Well, would you look at that? It seems like you've improved your cultivation and strength, though it doesn't look like you've matured much since the last time I've seen you." Stated Elif calmly as he dusted off his ethereal clothes and once again approached Comet, though he just stood before him this time.

"I've had enough of this nonsense, Elif; tell what you did with my women, or I'll destroy this soul!" Declared Comet angrily as he violently slammed his foot on the ground and looked down at the eight-year-old Elif, who was not the least bit intimidated.

"Not only has your strength grown, but it also seems your arrogance has as well; what makes you think a Prince, such as I, would ever listen to your measly words? Besides, this is just a small piece of my soul; destroying it would amount to nothing except giving me a painful headache for a few days." Said Elif with a prideful expression as he fearlessly stared at Comet, much to his anger.

"However, you don't need to worry; the whole reason why I even left my soul here was so I could inform you of what I did." Added Elif with a smirk as he summoned an ethereal quạt tay and fanned himself while his expression returned to normal.

"Tell me, what did you do to them!? Why don't they remember me!? What did you do to Kala's memories!?" Exclaimed Comet in anger and slight sadness while looking at Elif, who smiled in response.

"Oh, if that's what you want to know, I can tell you. You see, what I did was quite simple; I replicated their memories and stored their true memories in a fragile blank space that I created in their soul; nothing crazy, but it was very time-consuming especially the blank space." Replied Elif with an annoyed sigh.

"Next, with the help of an artifact I stole from one of the sects in this realm, along with a talisman I happened to have lying in my dimension ring, I manipulated their true memories, such as changing your appearance with a random young man. Essentially, making you a complete stranger to them." Added Elif with a nod.