Chapter 139: Mandy's Turn

After Eyvor finished giving us a tour of Fairyopolis, we continued strolling around for a little bit longer while conversing, though eventually, we ended up separating as Eyvor had something to take care of. However, I didn't return to my residence; instead, I accompanied Eyvor toward the Fairy Manor. Though, I separated from her once we arrived as our destination was different; I headed toward the medical center in search of Mandy, whom I hadn't seen since we arrived.

'Luckily, Eyvor gave me a tour of the Fairy Manor; otherwise, I would've gotten lost.' Thought Elif while navigating through the manor toward Mandy's location, and although he could use his divine sense to scan the entire estate, as this is not his territory, it would be considered very impolite.

Once I arrived at the entrance that led to the medical center, I opened the sliding door and entered, only to be engulfed in a potent fragrance of medical herbs and plants; while that would usually smell good, with so many different medicinal items being used, it was having the opposite effect, though the smell wasn't too bad, it was just overwhelming.

"I suppose this is what a proper medical center smells like; I prefer Ms. Lynda's office." Commented Elif with a frown as he summoned his quạt tay and fanned himself, hoping to offset the potent aroma, even if only a little.

Walking around, I spotted many beds, along with several rooms; injured Faires occupied some of them, while others were empty; however, after inspecting the entire area, I didn't notice any signs of Mandy, which slightly confused me.

"One of my guards was taken here. Do you happen to know where they reside?" Asked Elif as he approached a doctor who had just exited one of the rooms, startling him in the process.

"P-Prince Elif, your guard? Ah, you must be talking about Miss Mandy; yes, as she is a part of your personal guards, she was given a private room to recuperate in peace. If you want, I can show you the way." Replied the doctor with a slight bow.

"Well then, if you will." Said Elif with a nod while signaling to the Doctor to lead the way, to which Elif followed closely behind.

While following behind the doctor, we took the back exit out of the medical center, which led us to the courtyard, and off in the distance were several small buildings that I had previously thought weren't a part of the medical center, though considering we are heading in that direction I must've been wrong.

When we arrived near the buildings, we approached the rightmost one before the doctor opened the door and slightly bowed.

"Miss Mandy is currently staying in this house, Prince Elif." Stated the Doctor respectfully.

"Thanks." Said Elif with a nod as the doctor closed the door after Elif entered the building.

The inside of the house seemed pleasant, though it was plain, in my opinion. As I walked around the place, I started hearing noises coming from the back of the home, so I headed in that direction, and when I arrived, I saw Mandy swinging her giant lump of metal that she calls a sword. Seeing her training, I wanted to sneak up on her, though shortly after I laid eyes on her, she stopped swinging her sword, stabbed it into the ground, and turned around as she approached me.

"Your Highness, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Asked Mandy with a bow, her actions causing Elif's expression to twitch.

'Well, who was I kidding? She had probably sensed my presence the moment I entered the house.' Thought Elif as he shook his head while examining Mandy with a slight smirk.

"No reason; it was just on a whim that I decided to visit you. So, how are you doing? Most of your injuries seem to have healed." Stated Elif curiously as he sat down in a nearby chair.