Chapter 94: Voids Cloak

Though before I head toward the royal treasury, I must first visit the throne room, which Mother and Father currently occupy, as I need the silver crystal, which acts as a key, that Father has if I wish to gain access to the treasury.

'I just hope father and mother won't deny my request, as I'm still being punished.' Thought Elif as he opened the throne room doors and approached Maria and Marcus, both sitting on their throne listening to several reports.

Arriving just below the thrones, I stood there quietly and waited for the man to finish his report before interrupting; I didn't wish to somehow annoy Mother and Father when I was about to ask them for something.

"-That is everything I have to report, your Majesties." Said the well-dressed man as he bowed before backing away and standing next to the others.

"Good, it seems like nothing out of the ordinary has happened. Now Elif, what brings you here?" Said Marcus with a nod before turning his attention to Elif.

"There was something I wished to do and to do so, I needed to visit the Royal Treasury; I was hoping you could lend me the key, Father?" Asked Elif with a smile, trying to look as appealing as possible.

"You do know you're still under punishment, right Elif?" Said Maria as she eyed Elif from her throne.

"Yes, but I'm only forbidden from leaving the Royal grounds; the Royal Treasury is still within the confines of my punishment." Said Elif as he tried reasoning with his parents, which seemed to more or less work.

"That is true; we did enforce the punishment after all. Here's the key, so long as you don't break your punishment, I don't mind if you go to the treasury." Said Marcus as he summoned the silver crystal before tossing it to Elif.

"But I want you to return the key before dusk; otherwise, I don't mind lengthening the punishment." Added Marcus, eyeing Elif.

"I understand, Father. Now, if you'll excuse me, I don't wish to prolong the meeting any more than I already have." Said Elif as he turned around and headed toward the throne room entrance, the silent Illumia following right behind him.

'That was much easier than I anticipated; well, I'm not complaining; it's quite nice for things to be easy every now and then.' Thought Elif with a slight smirk as he exited the throne room, closing the doors behind him.

Now that I'm out of the throne room, I head towards one of the highest points in the castle, as that is where Great-grandmother's room and the only entrance to the royal treasury are located. Well, there might be other entrances, but at least that's the only entrance I know of.

A couple of moments later, I again stand before Great-grandmother's room.

'I doubt Great-grandmother is bored of the view from up here.' Pondered Elif while looking out one of the hallway windows that nearly allowed one to view the entirety of the eastern side of Yggdrasil.

"Great-grandmother, I've come to visit the royal treasury." Announced Elif while knocking on the door to Celeste's room.

Luckily, I didn't have to wait long for the door to open, and while I was entering the room, I was teleported directly to Great-grandmother's arms, though thankfully, because of my size, I wasn't suffocated by her breasts.

"My little Elif, where have you been!? I haven't seen you in quite a while." Asked Celeste with fake sadness as she tightly hugged Elif, who reciprocated the hug.

"I would've visited you much earlier, Great-grandmother, but Mother and Father had forcibly sent me to a loathsome spirit realm, and I've only recently returned home." Stated Elif, mentally sighing that he could no longer teleport within the OverRealm, as space was far too dense for him to be able to rip holes in it. However, it wouldn't make a difference even if he could, as Celeste's proficiency over space was far greater than Elif's meager control.