Chapter 22: Leaving The Castle!?

"Alright, your highness, training is over for today unless you wish to continue?" Asked Illumia just after she had kicked Elif off the arena.

"No, I have something else I wish to do today." Answered Elif, who got up from the ground while covered in light injuries.

Sheathing my sword, I expel Qi from my body to clean the dirt off me before heading to the entrance, with Illumia following right behind me like always.

It's been a month since my first sparring session with Illumia, and ever since I woke up in the doctor's office, with my parents informing me of Illumia also being my fighting instructor as well as my maid, caused me to be angry at my parents for a few days, and highly annoyed with Illumia, in fact, I'm still annoyed with Illumia right now.

The only reason I've stopped complaining was that mother and father had told me they went through the same thing when they were my age as well, and if my parents could do it, why could someone like me, who is even more talented, not do it? So with that mindset, I stopped complaining and started taking this training session seriously, and though I won't ever tell Illumia, her method of training me is excellent.

I've vastly improved upon my sword skills, and I've even managed to learn how to manipulate my sword intent; by coating my partner in sword intent, I can increase the sharpness as well as the length of my sword, though currently if I need more length, my partner can just grow back to normal size.

Though I've been training a lot, I also hadn't taken a break from cultivating as I've reached the Peak of the Nascent Soul Realm; when I first broke through to the Nascent Soul realm, I was supposed to awaken what is a divine sense, but apparently, my 'Minds Eye' ability was actually divine sense the entire time. When I asked Grandfather about it, he said divine sense is correlated to the strength of your soul, and since my soul was exceptionally powerful, I had awakened divine sense before I even started cultivating. Grandfather had said while that's rare, it's nothing special, but it does give a great benefit of having a much more extensive divine sense range when you fully awaken it, as when I was at the Peak of Core Formation, I could at most sense two kilometers in diameter, but when I broke through to Nascent Soul, the range increased all the way to eighty kilometers in diameter, eight times the range of what is considered average.

While I was still in deep thought, I finally reached my room after not getting lost in the maze of hallways; opening the door, I placed my sword on my bed before heading into the bathroom to take a bath and clean myself. While sitting in the big bathtub filled with warm water, I use this chance of peacefulness to relax, as most of the time, I'm either training with Illumia or cultivating; the only time I get to relax is right now, and when I'm playing with Elaine, I don't even get to sleep anymore as with my increasing cultivation base sleep becomes less and less demanding; currently, I could go several months without sleep.

'This feels wonderful; I wish I could stay like this for the rest of the day.' Thought Elif contently while releasing a sigh.

However, sadly I couldn't stay here long; once I felt the water start to cool down, I took it as a sign of time for me to leave. Sighing, I get out of the tub and go and dry myself before putting on some new clothes; I didn't bother fixing my hair; I just let it sway freely, which I rarely do. When I left the bathroom, I saw Illumia sitting down in one of the chairs I have, but she instantly stood up when I left the bathroom, eyeing her with annoyance, which didn't seem to bother her as I've only seen her stoic face show a smile when we're fighting.

"Do you wish for me to kneel down so you can get a better look, your highness?" Asked Illumia; though it sounded like she was teasing him, it was hard for Elif to figure that out as her expression didn't change once.