Chapter 173: Bath Time

"Wait, so let me get this straight; shortly after you arrived in the Phoenix Clan's territory, Spica, a prominent Phoenix, assaulted you in the younger generation, who has used a forbidden technique that boosted her cultivation base by two major realms in hopes of killing you, and in the end, not only did you manage to repel her, you somehow coerced Patriarch Renata into giving you access to the Flames of Rebirth? Is that everything? I'm not leaving anything else out, am I?" Stated Marcus with an incredulous expression as he looked at Elif while Maria was displaying a livid expression.

"Yes, that's basically what happened, Father; there was also this anger-inducing alchemist, but he is irrelevant." Replied Elif with a nod as he fanned himself with his quạt tay while glancing between Marcus and Maria.

"Hmph, good, those Phoenixies better properly compensate Elif for their blunder; otherwise, I'd go there myself and force them to do so." Remarked Maria angrily while Marcus lightly shook his at her overprotective nature.

"Still, I'm very surprised they'd be willing to allow you to bathe within the Flame of Rebirth; I've heard no outsider has ever been given access since their Clan was established." Added Maria while her angry expression slowly faded away.

"I was also decently surprised, as I didn't expect they would grant me the privilege, but considering what had happened, I suppose it's not too far-fetched; I mean, what if I had somehow actually ended up dying?" Said Elif lightly, his words causing a dangerous smirk to adorn Maria's expression.

"If somehow you had actually been killed, Elif, we would've wiped the Divine Phoenix Clan off the map; the entire heritage that they've built upon eons of work would've been turned into ashes in one mere night." Stated Maria with a dangerous grin, her words prompting Illumia to smile while everyone else, including Elif, nervously gulped.

"But that didn't happen, not like it could with the protective artifact you had with you; very few people in the OverRealm would be capable of truly harming you with such an artifact." Added Maria as her expression returned to normal, prompting everyone to heave a sigh of relief.

With Mother mentioning the protective artifact, Branch of the Realm Tree, I summoned it from my dimension ring and handed it to her, since now that I was back home in my domain, not to mention in the safest place in the Elven Empire, I wasn't permitted to carry around a mid-Immortal tier artifact; it wasn't just me, neither were Mother and Father. They may be the Emperor and Empress, but that doesn't necessarily mean they hold all the authority; in reality, the Emperor and Empress is just the title of those managing the Empire.

For an Immortal artifact to be taken from the treasury, the Grand-Ancestors need to permit such actions, and the only time their permission isn't required is when the Prince or Princess leaves the safety of the Empire as I had just previously done. All in all, an Immortal artifact isn't something that can be used in any situation; using one could spark a war against other factions as they contain enough power to destroy entire regions in the OverRealm. Of course, this information is from what I've either read or have been told.

"Anyways, with all that out of the way, Mother and Father, I'd like to take a bath and relax." Said Elif lightly as he watched Maria store the Branch of the Realm Tree into her dimension ring.

"We had already anticipated that; I'm surprised you decided to visit us before you took a bath." Remarked Marcus with a smirk as he glanced at Elif, who was heading toward the throne room's entrance.

"I had thought about it, but If I had done that, I'm sure Mother would've gotten upset; after all, you know how she can be." Replied Elif with a grin, her words causing Marcus to laugh while Maria snorted in response but didn't his claim.