Chapter 67: Checking on Idonea

Opening the doors to the throne room, I made my way toward father and mother, who were sitting on their thrones doing work, and stopped before them, showing them the pill.

"Here is the pill, mother and father. I had already visited Mr. Caine, and he's identified the pill as the Pseudo-Enlightenment pill; by ingesting it, you'll enter a state of a pseudo epiphany." Said Elif as Illumia floated the pill box over to Maria.

"That is incredible. I wish I had gotten a hold of it a while ago; it would've definitely helped." Commented Marcus as he and Maria examined the pill inside.

"Once I finish today's work, I'll go and store it in the treasury alongside the other Immortal treasures." Said Maria, closing the box and storing it inside her dimension ring.

"Well then, I'll be returning to my room." Said Elif as he started heading toward the entrance of the throne room.

Leaving mother and father to continue with their work in the throne room, I navigate through the hallways before finally making it to my bedroom, where I head inside and lie down while Illumia stands beside the door.

As I was feeling quite bored just lying down, I decided to check on Idonea for the second time this month and see how she was doing. Grabbing a crystal ball from my dimension ring, I transfer some Qi into it, causing it to glow slightly, and I wait until Idonea picks up, which usually doesn't take long unless she is in the middle of something important; luckily, that wasn't the case this time around.

"You called, your highness?" Said Idonea as the crystal ball projected a hologram of her and the surroundings, which were just a large room with a bed and nothing else to mention.

"Yes, I was bored and figured I should check on you and see how you were doing; however, even after I told you, why do you still have such a bland room? Not even a single decorative item." Said Elif, sounding entirely defeated when mentioning her room.

"I see no point in decorating my room; I enjoy the simplicity, your highness. Besides, if I have time to think about decorating my room, I have time to be doing something much more productive, like training or cultivating." Said Idonea, and although she sounded just as dry and bland as she did two years ago, she no longer seemed to be in pain or suffering, or at least nowhere near as much as she was previously in.

"Fine, whatever, have it your way. So, I know I contacted you a few weeks ago, but how's everything going at the Royal Military Academy?" Asked Elif, changing the subject to why he contacted her.

"Everything is progressing steadily; I'm still one of the best students in the RMA relative to my age. Seeing as I'm still alive talking to you, I'm sure you've figured out I've successfully survived my Heavenly Tribulation and stepped into the Divine realm." Explained Idonea, showing pride and slight happiness at her accomplishments.

"Well then, now that you're a Divine, how does the difference in strength feel? Is it the same as when you first become a Saint?" Asked Elif, as he was curious to know even though he, himself, was not far away from becoming a Divine.

"The strength increase feels even greater than when I first became a Saint, though I believe that can be slightly attributed to having unsealed my physique; nonetheless, it is still incredibly massive. However, what is perplexing is now that I'm a Divine, I can now access knowledge or information everywhere that has been previously hidden away from me. It is quite hard to explain, your highness, as I have only been a Divine for not even two weeks. Still, the minuscule amount of information I've managed to decipher seems to talk about anything and everything, whether it's cultivation, cutting trees, dying, or even merely existing, all of it is there for you to readily view." Explained Idonea, though she didn't sound too confident in herself.