Chapter 71: Elaine's Learning Technique's

Standing in the middle of the court while holding a sheathed Hokori, I swiftly titled my body to the left and protected my right side with Hokori just in time to divert the blade of a long scythe from piercing my side, however, before I could counterattack; the scythe was quickly retracted along with the attacker.

With a smile, I held Hokori while waiting for the next attack, which came promptly as the attacker attacked me horizontally from behind with their scythe. When the scythe was about a centimeter away from touching my back, I tapped my foot on the ground, causing me to get propelled a few meters in the air, and watched how the scythe sliced right through the spot where I was previously standing.

Using Qi to quickly push myself back down before the attacker could escape again, I landed on the shaft of the scythe while resting Hokori directly beside the attacker's neck, causing them to instantly stop moving, leaving the two of us in a weird position of me standing on the scythe that was being held by the attacker's arm—quite the comical scene considering the difference in size between the two of us.

"You lose." Said Elif with a teasing smile as he retracted Hokori and stored it in his dimension ring.

"I know. Hmph, you don't need to rub it in." Replied the attacker, sounding slightly dejected as she shook the scythe, flinging Elif off in the process before storing it in her silver dimension ring.

"Still, Elaine, your fighting capabilities have been vastly improved over the last month. Before, you could hardly even fight me, but now I'm starting to have trouble keeping up with your agility, and let's not even mention your ability to conceal yourself; without using my divine sense, you're almost invisible to me." Said Elif with a warm smile as he gracefully landed on the ground beside Elaine.

"You say that, but it doesn't really feel like I've improved; I still can't even touch you, let alone Maxim." Remarked Elaine, sounding quite frustrated, though her words only earned a small chuckle from Elif.

"There is no point in ever thinking you can touch Maxim or Illumia, dear Elaine; their cultivation base is vastly superior to either yours or mine; even if we were thousands of times stronger, we still wouldn't be capable of touching their afterimage, let alone their actual bodies. Also, do you think I haven't been training? I can't have my little sister, who just started cultivating, beat me; that would be very unbecoming as your elder brother." Said Elif as he fanned himself with his quạt tay while walking through the training grounds beside Elaine while Maxim and Illumia followed slightly further behind.

It's been about a month since Elaine first started her training sessions, and she's progressed exceptionally fast while her cultivation base followed along with her; Elaine is currently an early Half-step Saint in merely a month since she first started cultivation, decently quicker than me, but to be fair, I did have to absorb significantly more Qi than Elaine.

Today, I have been training with Elaine for a couple of hours, and not only is it good training for her, but it's also good for me as I'm forced to fight someone not only faster than me but also capable of easily hiding from my senses; However, this is all under the condition, that I suppress my cultivation base. While I'm currently capable of keeping up with her speed, Elaine hasn't learned any movement techniques yet, and that truly worries me as even though I can keep up with her without using my movement technique, it's not that easy, I have to really focus on countering her impressive agility.

'However, once she learns a movement technique, I don't think I'll be capable of keeping up with her anymore. Since we have nothing going on right now, it wouldn't be a bad time to bring her to the Royal Library.' Pondered Elif as he grabbed Elaine's hand and teleported just before the Erdtree with the help of the medallion hanging on his waist.