Chapter 61: Friendly Spar

"You called for me, father?" Said Eyvor, standing before a large desk filled with papers that Aasveig was reading.

"Yes, I plan to visit the Immortal Elven Empire within a few days for some business, and since they're our allies, it would be good for the next generation to get to know each other." Said Aasveig while setting down a stack of papers in his hand.

"Must I go, father? I've heard rumors that the oldest heir is a boy, and I don't wish to be stared at with his disgusting lust-filled eyes." Replied Eyvor with disgust and hate laced in her voice as she remembered all of her previous interactions with the opposite gender.

"As your father, I wish I could help with that, but unfortunately, that is something you are just going to have to learn to deal with; even if I can stop men from looking at you that way within our kingdom, I won't be able to do so once you leave. However, I'm quite confident that Prince Elif won't look at you like that." Said Aasveig, feeling greatly angered and saddened that his daughter was forced to experience this at such a young age, though he could do nothing as Fairies mature earlier than most species.

"That's not very reassuring, father; even my own cousins would look at me with lust-filled eyes!" Exclaimed Eyvor in slight anger as she sat down on one of the chairs.

"Well, what do you want from me, Eyvor? The Immortal Elven Empire is one of our allies; you'll have to interact with Prince Elif sooner or later, might as well as do it now and get it over with. Besides, Elves take slightly longer to mature fully, so Prince Elif is most likely still not interested in the opposite gender yet." Said Aasveig in exhaustion as he tried his best to convince Eyvor.

"Doesn't matter, father; I still don't wish to interact with this Prince Elif." Declared Eyvor, not budging an inch on her decision.

"Haa, fine, how about this; accompany me to Immortal Elven Empire, and I won't force you to leave the Kingdom until you become of age. Deal?" Declared Aasveig, feeling more exhausted arguing with his daughter than participating in a great battle.

"Hmm, fine, I'll accompany you, father." Said Eyvor happily, since from the moment Aasveig mentioned Immortal Elven Empire, she knew she would be forced to go no matter what, but luckily she did manage to squeeze out a deal with him.

"Good, just make sure to be ready to leave in a few days." Muttered Aasveig, leaning back in the chair, full of exhaustion.

___

___

"Tell me, son, how do you feel knowing you'll get to meet your idol?" Said Nerthus, who had just entered Birger's room and sat down.

"He isn't my idol; he is just someone I respect; there is a clear difference between those two." Answered Birger in annoyance after having halted whatever activity he was doing.

"You say that, but if I'm not wrong, don't you regularly check for information regarding Prince Elif?" Said Nerthus as she looked out the window of their flying carriage.

"There is nothing wrong with being up-to-date when it involves an Immortal hegemony, besides the Immortal Elven Empire is our ally, so I should have a basic understanding of the current heirs to the throne." Replied Birger, putting away some stuff before arriving next to Nerthus and sitting down.

"Hmm, I suppose that's reasonable enough. Now get ready; we are about to arrive at Yggdrasil, and make sure to be respectful; even if we are allies, they're still an Immortal existence." Stated Nerthus as she, along with Birger, stood up and left the room, only to sit down at the front of the carriage and look out the window.

"I understand, mother." Replied Birger as he looked out the window and observed Yggdrasil from below.

'So this is Yggdrasil? It's not much larger than our capital; however, it does carry a different type of beauty.' Thought Birger, specifically eyeing the palace in the distance.