Chapter 31: Heavenly Tribulation!

"Alright, Elif, everything is prepared and ready to go, so just go ahead and break through to the Saint realm." Said Marcus, who's standing with Maria, Tiana, Tyler, Illumia, and Elaine, though she is being held within Maria's arms.

"Just make sure you prepare for the Heavenly Tribulation that'll appear after you advance to the Saint realm!" Warned Maria from the sidelines as they all started at Elif, who was sitting down in a meditative position.

"I know, mother, you've told me how dangerous the Heavenly Tribulation can be several times already." Replied Elif while sitting atop an enormous altar that's been engraved with thousands of formations, all with various functions, though the primary function was meant for protection.

Calming my mind and body down, I close my eyes as I begin cultivating to break through to the Saint realm from a peak Half-step Saint that I've achieved after another two weeks of cultivation. During those two weeks, I managed to perform every technique I had acquired, each varying in difficulty; the easiest one was definitely the Heavenly Scar, as it only took me thirty minutes to learn; however, the hardest one for me wasn't the Royal Elf's Palm, it was the Fairy sword Dance. The thing about that technique that made it so difficult to learn for me was combining the movement of my sword along with the footwork required for it. Trying to multitask both of them at the same time took me several hours to do, though it was worth it as I looked pretty cool with it; I had even thought of combining the Elven Body Flicker with it, and while Illumia had told me it is possible, it won't be easy to achieve.

Anyways during the rare free time, I would get, I would, of course, spend time with my family, but I would also read the book of Dao's, and although I've only read a couple of pages, it's greatly helped me in understanding the basic concept of a Dao Heart. I can't comprehend most of the words written in the book, but progress is progress, even if it's slow. Besides, with my increasing lifespan, I'm not worried about rushing things.

While Cultivating, I had finally reached the limit of the amount of Qi my body could hold, and instead of me sensing some ethereal wall that would stop my progression unless I destroyed it, this time, I felt as if my entire being was covered in an ethereal dome, breaking it would allow to me advance into the Saint realm, but I could feel the barrier radiating a very ominous and dangerous feeling; however, mother and father warned me of this, so I didn't worry. Manipulating about ten percent of my Qi, I commanded it to rush towards the dome, and the moment they came in contact with each other, nothing extraordinary happened except that the ethereal dome instantly got destroyed.

The moment that happened, I started absorbing a colossal amount of Qi into myself. While I made sure to stay focused, I was still capable of sensing the amount of Qi I was absorbing into me. The amount completely shocked me, as it's only been five seconds since I had broken the barrier, yet my Qi reserves had already increased by five times my previous amount, and it showed no signs of stopping.

'My goodness, now I'm starting to understand what Illumia meant when she said Half-step chasm.' Thought Elif, astonished at how his Qi constantly increased at a tremendous pace.

This continued for a little bit longer, and only then did the rush of Qi start slowing down until it stopped altogether, though by then my Qi capacity had increased by at least fifty times compared to before; however, now I could also sense the vast distance I needed to complete till I advanced to middle Saint.

'The amount of power at my disposal is absurd; I'm confident that if I were to fight against one hundred of my previous selves, I would be able to completely destroy them, though the difficulty in advancing to the next minor realm is also several times harder as well. Anyways I need to quickly get ready for the heavenly tribulation that should be coming.' Thought Elif as he quickly checked his newfound power before leaving his inner body and returning to the real world.