Chapter 97: Eve Family Truth

While hovering above my bed, cultivating, I sensed Illumia's presence just outside my door, prompting me to end my cultivation session before signaling Illumia to enter my room.

"Finally, you've been gone for nearly a month; what were you doing?" Asked Elif, perplexed at such a long wait.

"I'm not that experienced when it comes to infiltrating and gathering intel, your Highness." Replied Illumia with a slight bow before summoning a small crystal ball from her dimension ring and handing it to Elif.

"This contains all the information I was able to find and gather from various sources within the Eve Estate." Added Illumia while Elif scanned the contents of information via divine sense.

As I viewed the contents of the crystal ball, which were mostly comprised of memories from different people, such as servants, guards, and members of the Eve family. I got to witness all of the unfortunate things Sarah was forced to endure during her childhood, and even though Sarah had already told me about her living conditions when she was a child, being told about it and personally witnessing it are two entirely different things.

Nevertheless, just as Sarah said, shortly after she met me, her situation greatly improved, though she would still occasionally get bullied. However, while I got to witness Sarah's childhood, I also got to observe Marley's as well; her childhood was leagues ahead of Sarah's, but still, from the perspective of Nordan's personal guards, I could tell Marley was being used by Nordan, he was merely treating her like a tool that didn't deserve an ounce of his affection. Yet, Marley, who didn't know any better, believed everything Nordan said and tried her best to please him, and right after she won the Noble Tournament, her lifestyle came crashing down.

Nordan didn't bother paying her any more attention; he would constantly demote her status within the Eve estate, seemingly replacing her with other children he deemed more useful; luckily for her, she was the strongest among all of her siblings, so no one dared to bully her; still, that didn't change much, in fact, it was probably worse for her, as Marley was quite literally treated as if she didn't exist.

'I may greatly despise Marley, but after seeing everything, I can sympathize with her, though I still despise her.' Thought Elif, the moment he finished absorbing all the contents within the crystal ball, it shattered before disintegrating into dust.

"I suppose that's everything you've gathered, Illumia?" Asked Elif while simultaneously studying some of the less essential memories he had absorbed.

"Actually, there's one more piece of information. Roughly an hour ago, Nordan Eve permanently banished Marley Eve from the Noble Eve family." Announced Illumia, her words shocking Elif.

"Banished!? That is quite extreme, though I suppose from Nordan's point of view, Marley is no longer useful to him, so keeping her around would merely be a waste of resources. Still, that is quite evil; to abandon Marley while she is mentally and emotionally at her lowest is very despicable, though I assume having her act as a temporary maid didn't help her." Stated Elif, feeling quite disgusted at how Nordan operates.

While I do greatly despise Marley, after learning the truth, I couldn't put all the blame on her as Nordan is also mostly at fault for Marley's personality. Granted, while I don't think she deserves a severe punishment such as permanent banishment, I also won't go out of my way to help her. Still, as long as she stays within Yggdrasil, she'll be fine.

"Hmm, I suppose I'll inform Sarah about everything next time she visits; also, can I have the Void's Cloak back? I'll need to return it to the treasury soon." Asked Elif while looking at the colorful cloak covering Illumia.

With the Voids Cloak now inside my dimension ring, I returned to cultivating since I am still being punished; I don't have much to do.

___