Chapter 112: Fairy Battle

"Well, that is great to hear, Prince Elif. Now if you could give me a little bit of time so I could gather some clansmen, and while I'm doing that, you could show him to the coliseum Eyvor." Replied Edvin with a smile before swiftly turning around and leaving the area, though the moment he turned around, his friendly smile morphed into a vicious smirk.

Watching Edvin walk off into the distance, I took note of all the spectators excitedly whispering to themselves about what had just happened while a few of them even started to spread the news about the battle quickly.

"Hehe, it seems like there will be quite the audience." Commented Elif with a light smile while fanning himself with his quạt tay.

"But of course, they're going to see a descendant from an Immortal Hegemony battle against their own clansmen. It's a good opportunity to showcase the power our lineage wields, not to mention the number of benefits they'll possibly gain from observing someone of your caliber sparring." Said Eyvor calmly, and even though she's seen Elif fight before, her excitement wasn't any less than any of her clan members.

"Anyways, let us postpone the tour for later; I'll show you to the Coliseum." Added Eyvor with a sigh before they continued walking in the same direction before Edvin stopped them.

"Your Highness, Edvin harbors malicious intentions towards you." Announced Idonea calmly once the group was alone, her words sparking anger from Marley and confusion from Eyvor.

"What!? How dare that weakling to have evil intentions toward His Highness! I'll go and squash him the like transparent bug he is!" Said Marley angrily as she turned around to chase after Edvin, her arrogant nature that she usually conceals when around Elif showing itself once more.

"How can you be so sure? Prince Elif hasn't done anything to garner Edvins hatred; damaging the Psionic Forest shouldn't be enough for him to hold ill will toward him." Questioned Eyvor with suspicion and doubt as she eyed Idonea because while Eyvor may dislike Edvin, she's interacted with him enough to understand his personality.

"I don't doubt your words, Idonea; however, I must also agree with Eyvor. For him to hate me after hardly even interacting with me is weird, to say the least." Said Elif curiously as he captured Marley with a Royal Elf's Palm before she did something foolish and had her float right next to him.

"Your Highness, why are you stopping me?" Asked Marley as she looked at Elif in annoyance.

"No need to get so worked up over him, Marley; he hasn't actually done anything yet. If he does something, I'll let you deal with him; however, until then, stay put." Ordered Elif as he released Marley and dematerialized the purple palm.

"Fine, your Highness." Replied Marley with a frown while internally hoping Edvin would do something.

"I never said that Edvin's hatred for His Highness was because of the damage the Psionic Forest sustained; all I know is when His Highness placed his hand atop your shoulder to pacify you, I sensed a large spike in Edvins hatred for His Highness." Explained Idonea once Elif had finished talking with Marley;

"It seems like this isn't the first time this has happened; mind explaining it for us, Eyvor?" Asked Elif when he looked over to Eyvor and noticed her unsurprised expression.

"Haa, yes; this isn't the first time. A couple of years ago, Edvin and I would occasionally spar against each other as he was the strongest after me; however, one day after we finished our sparring session, Edvin professed his love for me and wished to take my hand in marriage. I'm sure, as you can tell; I refused him, and when I thought that was the end, a few days later, rumors were going around that Edvin had already claimed me as 'his' and I was off limits to any man. Unfortunately, that wasn't the end of it; Edvin would go and heavily injure any male that got close to me or was already close to me, which for reference, wasn't many; however, the number didn't matter. His actions obviously angered me, yet, there wasn't much to be done about it; since the Clan elders promote competitiveness among every new generation of descendants, Edvin would always use that excuse to get away scot-free, even if everyone knew it wasn't true." Explained Eyvor as she tried to hold back her anger.