Chapter 130: Betting the Gift

"Anyways, when will you be opening presents, Eyvor?" Asked Elif as he continued eating lightning cherries from the bowl, which was not nearly as full as it used to be.

"Hmm, I originally planned to open the gifts once the banquet was finished, so during the after party; however, if everyone is so eager, I don't mind doing it right now." Replied Eyvor with a thoughtful expression while eyeing everyone else for signs of confirmation.

"I don't mind, Eyvor; whenever you're ready, it's not like my gifts will disappear or anything." Said Birger while shrugging his shoulders.

"Haha, well, unlike Birger, I'm quite excited for you to see the gifts I brought, and the waiting is killing me!" Stated Goliath loudly with a smile as he swallowed a large piece of meat without even chewing it before he was forced to down an entire cup of beer since he was choking.

"It is of no concern to me when you decide to open your gifts, Eyvor, though I will admit, I'm also very excited for you to see my gift." Said Shelia lightly, who had just recently finished her vegan meal.

"Whenever you feel the most comfortable, Miss Eyvor, I don't want to rush you on such an important day." Replied Echo as she took her last bite of food before once again filling up her plate.

"I don't care when you start opening gifts; I was merely curious, that's all, though I am interested in what everyone else brought ." Said Elif as he glanced at Eyvor.

"Hmm, what about you, Mother and Father? Do you have a preferred preference for when I should start opening gifts?" Asked Eyvor as she looked over toward Patriarch and Matriarch Aasveig, who had been quietly conversing amongst each other the entire time.

"Not at all, dear; in fact, even I'm enthusiastic for you to open the gifts me and your mother acquired." Said Patriarch with an eager smile, to which Matriarch lightly chuckled.

"Whenever you're ready, dear; today is your day, after all." Replied Matriarch with a small smile.

"Alright then, since I've finished eating, why not open the gifts right now? I'm probably the most excited to see what everyone brought." Stated Eyvor with an eager smile as she stood up and headed toward a small table at the back of the dining hall where the gifts were stored.

Once Eyvor approached the table, she turned around to face us before lightly pressuring the dining hall to get everyone's attention, which worked out quite well. With Eyvor pressuring everyone, the dining hall swiftly quieted down, and all eyes were now focusing on Eyvor in the distance.

"Excuse my interruption; however, after some judgment, I've decided to bring forth the gift-opening ceremony, as I could no longer patiently wait. I hope you all don't mind." Announced Eyvor with a beautiful smile that put nearly several men into an illusion alone.

Although several people were responding, it was mainly young men, all to gain Eyvor's interest, though not like I was paying that much attention as they were constantly talking over each other, making it hard to understand them.

"I'm not surprised Eyvor is popular with men; it is only natural given her appearance and background. Though it is currently backfiring, they won't stop speaking." Commented Elif with an annoyed expression.

"Haa, it's because Eyvor is trying not to displease the guests; however, it's ineffective against these arrogant young men who don't know how to behave in a public setting." Remarked Matrarich with a sigh as she stared at the uncomfortable Eyvor, who was trying her best to calm the guests down.

"Eyvor needs to learn she must display some form of authority or power; otherwise, this will continue to happen in the future." Stated Elif with a frown as he sighed before pressuring all the men who were speaking; some weren't even young.