Chapter 136: Serious Conversation

After Eyvor and Patriarch left the dining hall, the banquet continued on without a hitch, and by the time the after-party arrived, both of them returned, looking to be in a better mood. However, after everything that happened, most of us were too ashamed to go and apologize to her. While I wasn't particularly ashamed of my actions, I did understand that what I did was quite inconsiderate, so I decided to keep my distance from Eyvor, at least during the after-party; I had already ruined things twice; I didn't want to ruin things for a third time.

"Haa, finally, the after-party is over." Muttered Elif in exhaustion while walking through the halls of the Mansion with Illumia.

"You didn't seem to enjoy the party, your Highness." Commented Illumia blandly while quietly walking behind Elif.

"Those kinds of parties aren't my cup of tea; I don't really enjoy interacting with that many egotistical people in one setting; it's annoying, not to mention a pain to deal with. If it wasn't for my previous two mistakes, I'm confident the after-party wouldn't go as smoothly as it did; with how many altercations that happened, I wouldn't have bothered to mediate them." Stated Elif with a frown as he sighed while thinking back to all the times he was forced to intervene between quarrels that almost erupted into a fight.

"With that many egotistical people in one place, there was bound to be a fight or two; I just didn't expect Eyvors appearance would cause so many ignorant men to fight amongst each other." Added Elif while his face twitched in annoyance as he exited the manor and entered the front courtyard.

"There is no surprise there, your Highness; most men with status are lecherous; unfortunately for the men at the banquet, they couldn't just use force with Eyvor; she isn't an average lady, after all." Remarked Illumia with a frown as she shook her head.

"Well, I can't agree with your statement; most of the men I know aren't lecherous; even though Birger can be lustful at times, he has self-control, unlike those foolish men. Though looking at your expression, It seems like you've experienced it before." Said Elif as he and Illumia took a stroll around the front courtyard.

"I indeed have experienced lecherous men several times before; however, that is not what I was thinking of; I was thinking about her Majesty. Back when her Majesty was still a Princess, she would be pestered by many men daily; dealing with them was quite the headache." Stated Illumia with a sigh while reminiscing about her younger days with Maria.

"Hmm, Mother? I honestly find that very hard to believe; I don't doubt countless men desired Mother; she is incredibly beautiful, after all. It's just with her personality; I'm surprised there were men brave enough to pester Mother; knowing her, I would expect everyone to be beaten to death or near death by her." Replied Elif with doubt, his words causing Illumia to chuckle slightly.

"Hehe, you're not wrong, your Highness; that is what Her Majesty did at first, though it didn't have the result we desired or expected. Even after getting beaten to near death by Her Majesty, they would always return, and with even more vigor to boot, they caused Her Majesty and I a lot of headaches. At some point, we decided to stop fighting and ignore them entirely, hoping that our lack of attention would demotivate them, though it again had no effect; her Majesty had even told them that she was already engaged to His Majesty, but that once again had little to no effect. During her generation, her Majesty was, without a doubt, one of, if not the most desired, women in the OverRealm." Declared Illumia with a light smile, and even though it's been countless years since that era, she was still annoyed whenever she thought about it.

"Hehe, it seems I've got a lot to live up to, though hearing you talk about Mother has made me curious about Father. How was he when he was a Prince?" Said Elif with a slight chuckle of amusement.