Chapter 158: Ivan's Humiliation

Though Ivan's words annoyed me, I ordered Illumia to stop via divine sense, not because I intended actually to speak with him, but because I didn't wish the Angel to die somehow, considering he was currently at the man's mercy; he was very special, and the only one allowed to kill him would be me.

"Fine, I'm listening, Ivan; however, let's make this quick; I have places to be and things to do." Said Elif calmly with a frown as Illumia returned to her usual spot behind Elif.

"I knew we could be civil, Elif, so then, what is the reason for such hostility between us?" Asked Ivan with a friendly smile while occasionally glancing at the women behind Elif, mainly Idonea.

'Heh, what did I say, Idonea? You've got that charm.' Said Elif via divine sense.

'I specialize in fighting, not seducing, your Highness; please remember that.' Said Idonea via divine sense while glancing at Elif, though her voice was still just as dry.

"I have no hostility for you, at least as of right now; it's just that your servant is blocking me from acquiring my Angel, which I had found, so if it isn't too much trouble, could you order him to move?" Replied Elif calmly, though his eye twitched every time Ivan called him by his name.

After I spoke, Ivan adorned a troubled expression while constantly shifting his focus between the Angel and me, seemingly pondering something, though this just further served to annoy me as he was simply wasting my time. Ever since I realized the Angel was the one who caused my intent to enter an active state, I've lost nearly all interest in Ivan; the only reason I haven't completely disregarded his presence was that he was still the prince of an Immortal Hegemony so that at least warranted some interest.

"I don't wish to make things difficult for either of us, Elif, but while you may be the one to discover the Angel, it was done in my territory, not to mention it was my man who subdued him, so by all accounts, this angel belongs to me. However, since I'm someone reasonable, I'll allow you the opportunity to acquire the Angel, but not for free, of course; how about I propose a trade? A few of your servants for this Angel; that seems fair." Stated Ivan with a thoughtful expression before smiling while eyeing Elif, though this time, his focus was on the woman behind.

"Haa, there you go again, using the word opportunity as if to undermine me; however, since I'm still somewhat in a good mood, I'll ignore it for now. So, since you came up with this idea, how many people would I have to offer up before you consider it an equal trade? I don't suppose those three would work?" Remarked Elif with a frown while shaking his head and pointing at Idonea, Marley, and Mandy before shifting his focus to Ivan.

As I pointed at them, I could feel how they also looked at me, and when I glanced at them, although their expression remained neutral, I noticed confusion and slight uncertainty in their eyes, yet I didn't say anything to soothe their concern.

"Haha, it seems you've seen right through me, Elif; yes, those three women would be perfectly adequate, in my opinion. So, I assume we have a deal?" Said Ivan lightly while lustfully eyeing Marley, Idonea, and Mandy.

"While I'm at it, I might as well add Illumia to the deal; is that fine?" Asked Elif with an amused smirk, his words causing Illumia to glance at Elif before closing her eyes again.

"I didn't know you were so generous, Elif, and it would be rude of me to refuse your gift; however, I don't wish to take advantage of you in this exchange; I'm an honorable person, after all." Replied Ivan with a noble expression.

"Understandable; Illumia is too much a woman for you to handle anyways." Said Elif lightly while nodding his head.

When I said that, I saw Ivan's expression sourer, and Illumia's chuckle didn't seem to help the situation either, which I will say is a rare thing to hear.