Chapter 131: Bet of Hatred

"O-One thousand low Immortal spirit stones!?" Exclaimed Shelia in shock, the concept of that much wealth breaking her serious demeanor.

"Hehe; you must really be confident in your gift Prince Elif for you to casually bet that many spirit stones." Remarked Goliath with a light chuckle which he used to hide his surprise.

"But of course, I'm confident in my gifts; otherwise, I wouldn't have picked them out for Eyvor in the first place. Anyways, enough about me; what I want to know is how much you are willing to bet?" Asked Elif with a smirk as he eyed everyone, including Patriarch and Matriarch, which slightly startled them.

"You don't intend for us to compete in this bet as well, Prince Elif, are you? I don't think that would be fair for everyone else." Said Patriarch with a light smile as he attempted to indirectly refuse the invitation, though Elif wasn't one to give up easily.

"Well, you don't have to, but why not? I'm sure it would make it more interesting. Besides, as you are her parents, no one knows her better except you two, so this should be an easy win; unless, of course, you're worried that someone else has a better present than her own parents." Remarked Elif with a mischievous smirk while eyeing the two of them, and although everyone knew he was goading them, they couldn't refuse; otherwise, it would make them seem like a sorry excuse for a parent.

"Ho, you've got quite the mouth on you, Prince Elif; however, my husband and I don't mind playing this little game. We've got nothing to lose; after all, Eyvor is our own child; of course, we would win." Stated Matriarch passive aggressively with a cordial smile as she summoned a sack even bigger than Elifs from her dimension ring.

"Two thousand low-Immortal spirit stones; I hope you don't mind losing your spirit stones, Prince Elif." Added Matriarch with a light smile as she challenged him while Patriarch wore a troubled expression.

'Dear, are you sure you wish to bet that much? That is roughly all of the personal assets you've managed to obtain after becoming the Matriarch of the Fairy Clan.' Asked Patriarch worriedly via divine sense as he glanced at Matriarch.

'Hmph, of course, I'm sure; otherwise, I wouldn't have bet that much; in fact, if I could, I'd have bet all of my wealth. Also, he is challenging my motherhood, even if he is the Crown Prince of the Elven Empire; I won't let him go unscathed.' Replied Matriarch seriously, her words laced with slight hatred.

"It seems you're confident in your present; though I expected as much, I would've been quite surprised if it wasn't at least this much. While we are at it, why not make things even more interesting; I'll double my original bet." Remarked Elif with a slight chuckle as he summoned another beautiful sack filled with spirit stones.

"There, two thousand spirit stones; even for me, this is rather a large sum of wealth to throw around in one sitting." Added Elif with a slight smirk while fanning himself with his quạt tay as he glanced at the dumbfounded spectators.

"Hmm, why are you guys look like that? Have you never seen this amount of wealth before? I admit it was a good amount, but it should be anything extraordinary." Asked Elif curiously as he eyed Goliath, Echo, and Shelia, who all had their mouths agape and eyes wide open; although Birger wasn't nearly as shocked as them, his expression wasn't much better.

"I-It's not Prince Elif; I'm sure we've seen even more wealth than four thousand low Immortal spirit stones in our respective treasuries. However, I don't know about everyone else, but I've never seen an individual person casually toss two thousand Immortal spirit stones like they were just normal stones." Stated Shelia with evident awe after taking a moment to regain her composure.

"Just like Shelia said, I'm also a Crown Prince of a kingdom, and while I don't know the exact amount, I'm positive my father's personal wealth isn't much more than what is on the table. I, myself, only have fifteen thousand high-God spirit stones and fifty-thousand mid-God spirit stones; that is already significantly more than my brothers and sisters." Commented Goliath with an awkward smile; not even he could casually laugh in this situation.