Chapter 23: Royal Guard's Picked

While waiting in the first room of the hut, Alliyah arrives wearing beautiful knight armor with a sword attached to her waist, all within a period of one minute.

"Thank you for waiting, your highness, now if you'll follow me." Stated Alliyah respectfully with a slight bow.

"Just call me Prince Elif." Replied Elif as he stood up while waving his hand, signaling Alliyah to lead the way.

Following behind Alliyah, we made our way through several groups of people who were training before arriving at a podium situated on a small stage; when we got on top of the podium, Illumia and I stood behind Alliyah.

"Everyone stop what you're doing and make your way over to the podium; if you are not here within thirty seconds, you'll be severely punished!" Said Alliyah as she used her profound cultivation to relay her words across the entire training grounds.

I didn't have to wait long, as it didn't even take half the time Alliyah gave before everyone had arrived, filling up the entire area below with Elves who were in the middle of intense training.

"Good, you've all arrived; now I've summoned you all because the Crown Prince has informed me that he requires a group of Royal Guards to accompany him while he explores Yggdrasil!" Announced Alliyah, who, when finished speaking, backed away and bowed as Elif walked forward and took the reins.

"PRINCE ELIF!!" Shouted all the men and women simultaneously while kneeling and bowing before Elif.

'So, who am I supposed to pick? Can I pick anyone, or does it matter who it is? Haa, I should probably ask Illumia, though I don't wish to talk to her; she was a general for who knows how long, so I'm sure she knows what to do.' Thought Elif, feeling grumpy that he was asking Illumia for help.

'Illumia, who should I pick?' Asked Elif through his divine sense, something he learned a little after advancing to the Nascent Soul Realm.

'It is up to you, your highness, but if you wish to know my input, I would suggest the small Elf with the large sword.' Replied Illumia via divine sense.

Her vague answer annoyed me as to how was I supposed to find a small Elf with a giant sword; I could see plenty of Elfs carrying huge swords and also a lot of small Elfs; finding a specific one would be like trying to find-, never mind, found her. Although she wasn't the only small Elf carrying a large sword, her sword was definitely the biggest one I could see, along with her being one of the shortest Elf present, though still the size of her sword even made my sword look small.

"The short Elven woman with the giant sword, bring your group to accompany me; everyone else can return to what they were doing." Declared Elf, causing most of the Elves present to sigh in defeat, as managing to get picked by the prince, even for something simple, would allow them to reach an even higher level of authority and power than they would be able to achieve on their own.

"Is there anything else you need, Prince Elif?" Asked Alliyah as she followed behind Elf, who was making his way off the podium.

"No, you can go back bathing." Replied Elf, though his words caused Alliyah slight embarrassment, as having your first impression on the prince of you being naked isn't usually good.

"I-I understand, have a wonderful day, Prince Elif." Replied Alliyah embarrassingly as she disappeared.

Standing just below the stage, I see the small Elf I picked, along with what I assume is her group making their way over to me before kneeling.

"It is of great honor to be picked by the Crown Prince himself, all you have to do is give us an order, and we shall immediately do it; we will not hesitate even if you order us to commit suicide!" Declared the small Elven woman with immense reverence in her voice while the four people behind her agreed in unison.