Chapter 24: Carriage Leaving The Castle!

While walking, I finally remembered about the Elf guard mother took, turning around to ask the group of guards behind me as I figured they would know why, yet when I laid my eyes upon them, I could see their faces were extremely pale, even the dark Elf in the back had a terribly pale face.

"Hmm, what's wrong with you guys? Why are your faces so pale?" Asked Elif as he turned around and walked facing backwards.

"I-It is nothing, Prince Elif." Answered the petite lady while trying to act normal by putting on a fake smile.

"It's because they were frightened by the pressure her Majesty gave off when she attacked, your highness." Interjected Illumia, informing Elif of why their faces were so pale.

"What do you mean by pressure? I didn't feel any pressure when mother attacked." Asked Elif curiously.

"Pressure is the term used when someone of a higher cultivation base uses their Qi to force someone with a lower cultivation base to submission. If the difference in cultivation base is massive enough, it is possible even to be killed by pressure alone. You didn't feel any pressure when her majesty attacked simply because, with her profound cultivation base as well as her incredible mastery of the Royal Elf's Palm, her majesty could easily decide who she wishes to pressure with her Qi." Answered Illumia, as blandly as usual.

"Hmm, so doesn't that mean I'll be able to do it?" Asked Elif to no one in particular, as that question was mainly rhetorical since he already knew the answer.

"But of course, your highness."

I was slightly curious about how to 'Pressure' someone, so I manipulated my Qi to leave my body, and in doing so, I formed some type of cocoon around Illumia before mentally pushing my Qi down.

"That is exactly how you would pressure someone with your Qi, your highness." Said Illumia, as she didn't once show any discomfort at Elif attempting to pressure her.

'Haa, that's sad; I figured that would've happened, but never bad to have hope now, is there?' Thought Elif as he brought his Qi back into this body after seeing it not affect Illumia.

After a couple more minutes of walking around, we finally reached the location mother gave me; looking around, I noticed many animals in the stable, starting from a giant lizard with fire coming from his nostrils every time he breathed all the way to a panther that seems to be made entirely out of shadows.

'I've read some books on different animals, but most of the animals present I've never heard about.' Pondered Elif in slight interest as he walked around, enjoying the sight of the beasts that came in all variations.

"Ah, Royal Guards, what can I do for you?" Asked an Elven man, seeing the backs of the four Royal Guards.

Hearing a voice that seems to be speaking at us, I turn around while the guards make away, allowing me to see an old Elven man wearing a battered hat, which I find weird, considering the rest of his clothes look pretty nice.

"Hmm, a child-e-excuse my rudeness, your highness, I didn't see you there!" Said the Elven man, who instantly gave a deep bow while apologizing when he saw the mark of the Royal family on his head.

"It's fine, and refer to me as Prince Elif. Mother said I should be able to find a carriage here?" Asked Elif, not bothering with the matter that had previously just transpired.

"Y-Yes, this is the correct place, Prince Elif, now if it isn't too much trouble, could you tell me what type of carriage you're looking for so I can find the most suitable one?" Asked the old Elven.

"Just one to explore, Yggdrasil?" Asked Elif, not fully understanding the man's question.

"I understand; if you could follow me, Prince Elif, I will lead you to a carriage." Asked the Elven man, slightly bowing, before walking off.