Chapter 102: Jealous Elaine?

While walking through the castle, nearly every female servant that looked in my direction would blush up a storm; some of them even seemed to have gotten stuck into a trance from my appearance. When I arrived at Elaine's room, my mood had somewhat improved thanks to all the servant's reactions to my new appearance; however, I was very interested in knowing Elaine's response to my outfit.

"I'm entering, Elaine." Announced Elif as he opened the door and stepped inside, Illumia and Marley entering as well.

Instead of finding my adorable little sister cultivating inside her room, my eyes instantly noticed a small dark figure in the corner while indiscriminately releasing a large amount of killing intent. The figure wore tight black clothes and a skeleton mask while holding a pitch-black scythe covered in blood.

"Big brother!" Exclaimed the dark figure happily while lunging toward Elif menacingly before stopping right in front of him and tightly hugging him.

My little sister, Elaine, was the small dark figure releasing a vast amount of killing intent while holding a bloody scythe. Reciprocating the hug, I reached down and pulled off the skeleton mask, revealing my little sister's childish yet adorable face.

"I take it everything went well with the mission?" Asked Elif curiously while smiling, his mood having already greatly improved.

"Yep, although the information regarding the contract was quite outdated. The man I was required to kill was supposed to be only a late Half-step Divine, a peak Half-step Divine at most, yet when I arrived, he was already a full fledge Divine. To make matters worse, he was among a group of other early and mid-Divine cultivators, and It was quite tedious killing everyone. It was a good thing I had decided to advance to a Divine before taking that contract; otherwise, I would've failed." Replied Elaine as she vented all of her annoyance onto Elif, much to his joy.

Three months ago, Elaine advanced to a Divine after successfully overcoming the Heavenly Tribulation; granted, it was quite difficult; nonetheless, she didn't need the assistance of the Tribulation Altar. Though It wasn't too surprising; however, she did advance to a Divine three months faster than me while also almost beating the record at being the youngest Royal Elf to become a Divine; she was short by just twelve days.

Her little missions, as she calls them, started roughly two years ago when she hit a bottleneck in improving her proficiency with the Reaper of Death. After a few weeks, it seemed she had found out why the Reaper of Death wasn't improving, and that was because she didn't have killing intent, so she went ahead and sneaked out of Yggdrasil in search of someone to kill. Of course, I was secretly following after her when she did so, and if it weren't for the earrings Sarah had given us, I wouldn't have been able to follow her as she was using the Voids Cloak.

Since then, she would always sneak out of Yggdrasil while taking on contracts from the Elven guild on the northern side of Yggdrasil, a place where you can post contracts for nearly any type of job for a certain amount of pay.

She did get reprimanded by Mother and Father when she returned, but as long as she carries with her a God-tier protective artifact, they do not mind her leaving Yggdrasil; as long as she stays within the Empire, of course.

"Well, I'm glad that it wasn't anything dangerous and you could deal with the job easily. Also, you should probably clean Orcus; it's covered in blood." Said Elif as he released Elaine and pointed toward the floating scythe covered in blood.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Wait here, Brother; I'll be right back." Said Elaine as she grabbed Orcus and vanished into the bath.

Sitting in a nearby chair, I summoned a bowl of lightning cherries and snacked on them while waiting for Elaine to return, which only took a few minutes. When she exited the bath, she wore her usual royal attire, looking incredibly lovely as always.