Chapter 114: The Source of Elif's Pride!

"It seems we've greatly underestimated you, Prince Elif; not even the three of us combined is enough to defeat you; however, we still haven't shown our all yet. Up to this point, we have still been holding back; as Fairies, our greatest strength isn't head-on conflict but Illusions. Allow us to properly show you a Fairy's most powerful ability!" Declared the leader as he and the two other Fairies spread their butterfly-like wings, to which the Fairy avatar did the same, and the moment they did so, the surrounding light and Qi reflected off their wings before encompassing Elif into an illusion

Seeing the environment suddenly turn pitch black, a light smirk made its way onto my face, which I hid using my quạt tay while observing the illusion that I was 'trapped' in.

"Now that you're hopelessly trapped in our illusion, do you admit defeat Prince Elif?" Questioned a distorted voice, though it didn't take a genius for one to realize the one speaking was the leader of the three Fairies.

"I had great expectations for the illusions you Fairies were so well-versed in; however, if all your illusion can do is change the scenery to pitch black, I'm, once again, greatly disappointed." Stated Elif blandly as he finished observing the black environment before instinctively reaching his arm forward to block an attack.

"Ugh, that hurt. Haa, Elves and their weak physiques." Commented Elif after having been pushed back a significant distance while rubbing his arm in annoyance; however, other than that, he seemed fine.

"All of your senses have been trapped inside this illusion while we, your enemies, can perfectly see you; you may have managed to block that attack, though how many more can you block or evade before one eventually lands? The moment you got trapped in our illusion, your defeat was assured, Prince Elif; we advise you to give up." Declared the leader in a distorted voice as he used the Fairy Avatar to unleash a bombardment of attacks toward Elif, though every single one was either blocked or evaded.

"I think you misunderstand something; the only reason why you three even made it this far was that I allowed it, and while it's quite tedious to block or evade all of these attacks on such short notice, it isn't that difficult. If that battle formation allowed you to display the might of a middle or late Divine Emperor, then I admit, I'd be in massive trouble; however, against a middle Divine King, this can only be considered a warm-up, though I suppose that alone is already good enough for praise." Said Elif lightly while simultaneously dodging and blocking various attacks after having adapted to barely sensing the incoming attacks.

"Besides, while from your perspective, I may be in a precarious situation, If I so wished, I could easily defeat you three, even if restricted by this illusion; and speaking of illusion, I'm not trapped in here; I was just curious what if felt like to be under an illusion, and I must say it doesn't seem to be anything exceptional. Ahh, found you." Added Elif with a smirk as he swiftly turned to the left and fired a Gyakusatsu after blocking an attack.

Almost immediately after I fired my attack, a loud grunt of pain was heard as the relentless assault came to a halt.

"H-How, how did you find me? It should be impossible for you to sense me when you're trapped in our illusion!" Questioned the leader in a distorted voice, though it was also possible to sense slight fear in it.

"I can't sense you, though that doesn't stop me from determining your location from your attacks; I'm surprised you haven't noticed, but your attacks have a pattern to them, a very long pattern, though a pattern nonetheless, and after remembering them, I calculated their trajectory, speed, and direction, which allowed me to know your future location and when to attack. Anyways, now that I've learned, I can retaliate even when under an illusion I can end this little farce." Stated Elif calmly as he raised his hand and snapped his fingers, which reverberated a few times before the illusion that Elif was supposed to be trapped in started cracking until it eventually shattered like glass, shocking not only the three Fairies but nearly every member of the audience.