Chapter 98: Marley's Change

Now then, with the Voids Cloak concealing my presence from almost everyone, I sneaked out through one of my windows before quickly flying out of the royal grounds with my direction being Yggdrasil's main gate. Once I arrived, I landed atop the large archway as I expanded my divine senses to my limit; another thing to note about the Voids Cloak is it also conceals my divine sense, so I don't have to worry about Mother and Father noticing my disappearance; at least for a little bit.

'Now then, Marley, where are you at.' Thought Elif as he scanned every inch his divine sense could cover, yet he still found nothing.

'Hmm, nothing. It seems I'm going to have to explore a little further.' Pondered Elif nervously after finding no traces of Marley, though he wasn't nervous because this would be his first time stepping outside Yggdrasil. He was anxious about the consequences he would face if his parents found out that not only did he leave the royal grounds while still punished, but he also had left Yggdrasil.

Flying through the air, I followed along the path that led to the main gate while constantly scanning the surroundings with my divine sense, looking for any traces of Marley. Yet, even after roughly thirty minutes of flying, I found nothing, much to my dismay.

'How have I not found any traces of her yet? We are quite a distance away from Yggdrasil, but I still have found nothing. Don't tell me she veered off the trail and wandered into the forest. It's going to be very problematic if so.' Thought Elif, while mentally sighing at his haste to find Marley, that he forgot to ask Illumia or Maxim where she was located at.

While the smart thing would be to return home and ask for someone's help in locating Marley, I've been gone for some time, and I'm almost certain Mother and Father have noticed my disappearance, so I'd prefer not to return home unless Marley is with me; at least then, it wouldn't feel like all this was for nothing.

So with a sigh, I headed into the surrounding forest, hoping to find Marley or at least traces of her. While searching for Marley, time continued to pass, and before I knew it, the bright sunny day had already turned dark while several bright dots in the sky illuminated the forest, resulting in the forest looking as beautiful as it was deadly.

'Hmm, it seems something nearby has made the beasts restless, which isn't unusual, but I might as well investigate further; my luck doesn't seem that high right now.' Thought Elif while delving deeper into the forest until he finally found who he was looking for, and it seemed like he'd arrived just in time.

When I finally found Marley, I was ecstatic, but seeing what those four men were doing to her immediately dampened my mood, leaving me sickened. Quickly arriving at the scene and landing on a tree branch, I got to see the sight of three Elves and one Druid attempting to rape Marley, and it only worsened my mood knowing that while Marley deserves to be punished for her past actions, this was far too much; there was no way I was just going to watch this unfold before my very eyes.

"Tch, this is quite the distasteful sight." Said Elif in disgust while simultaneously announcing his presence.

"Hm? Who's there!? Quickly Reveal yourself, or I'll kill the girl!" Declared the man holding Marley by her throat and groping her breasts as he scanned the vicinity while preparing to kill Marley, nervous at the realization that someone had managed to sneak up on four Celestial cultivators undetected.

"You won't win anyways; it's four versus one!" Declared the man who was caressing Marley's butt arrogantly while also scanning the surroundings, the two others doing the same as well.

"This Prince has been searching for Marley for several hours; It would be unwise to kill her now unless you wish to spend the rest of your insignificant lives within the depths of the Royal dungeon." Announced Elif as he revealed himself standing opposite the four men while directing his killing intent at them, a livid expression plastered on his face.