Chapter 25: Exploring the City

After I calmed down from the shock I received when Illumia informed me of the number of living beings in the first district alone, the carriage became quiet as we stopped talking. When I looked out the window, all I could see was a blur for a while before the carriage finally stopped, allowing me to see a vast sea of people walking about on the streets. Some entering buildings, and others in carriages being pulled by various beasts

"Is this the first district?" Asked Elif, shocked by the vast number of people he could see.

"Yes, your highness." Answered Illumia.

As the carriage continued moving, we passed through a huge arch connected to a set of walls that seemed to form a barrier separating the first and second districts. Looking out of the window, I saw many different Elves walking about, but I also saw many various other species as well, some covered in fur, others covered in scales, and a few of them were even transparent from how I could see through their bodies.

However, it seemed my arrival caused a lot of disturbance as everyone quickly made way for my carriage, and when they made it to the sides, every Elf would bow in my direction, and even a few non-Elves would bow, though most of them didn't.

As we continued making our way through the bustling district, I enjoyed seeing the various types of buildings as well as the atmosphere this place radiated, but I started getting bored as I wished to do something fun, and while everything looked interesting, that's just because it's something new to me.

"Illumia, do you know of anything fun to do here?" Asked Elif while looking out the window.

"I can't say I do, your highness." Replied Illumia.

"Mandy, do you know of anything fun to do here?" Asked Elif, who partially lifted the window he was looking out of, though when he did so, every commoner on that side of the street intensely looked at the window in hopes of merely catching a glimpse of the person in the carriage.

___

___

"Do you think that's the Emperor or Empress?" Asked an Elven man.

"Don't know; I heard the last time they ever ventured out into the first district was before they ascended to the throne." Replied an Elven woman.

"Stupid! Of course, it's not their majesties. Do you think they would waste their time to come down here when they could send someone in their stead?" Refuted an older Elven man.

"Since you sound so sure of yourself, who do you think is in the Royal carriage?" Asked the Elven man.

"Hmph, well, let me tell you, young man, the only person who could be inside that carriage is Crown Prince Elif!" Answered the older Elven man.

"But isn't the Crown Prince only four years old?" asked the Elven woman.

"You guys are too young to understand a child's curiosity; I had eight kids and twenty-nine grandchildren, and let me tell you something if a child is curious about something, then they'll find a way to learn about it. Besides does it matter that the Crown Prince is only four, he brought along with him some Royal Guards, and he is the Crown Prince; who would be stupid enough to do something to him?" Said the older Elven man.

"Well, the old man's right, but we still don't know for sure who's inside the carriage." Replied the Elven man.

___

___

"I've lived here for a long time, Prince Elif, so I know this place inside and out; just tell me where you wish to go, and I shall immediately direct you there." Replied Mandy as she slightly bowed right before the window.