Chapter 37: Coliseum

"Alright, Elif, try not to accidentally kill anyone; it would give you a bad reputation among the noble families if you killed one of their children." Advised Tiana as she rubbed Elifs head, much to his annoyance since he'll need to fix his hair later.

"Well, even if I do, it would be their fault for being too weak." Replied Elif while fixing his hair.

"He's not wrong, dear; in this world, being weak is a sin, although that doesn't mean you should just go around killing people." Said Tyler as he patted Elif's back.

"Grandpa, I'm six. Do you think I will go around and start massacring random people? Besides, I don't feel like wasting my time killing innocent people when I could do something much more productive like cultivating, training, or playing with Elaine." Replied Elif with his honest thoughts, though Elif has never lied when speaking with his family, except for when he teases Elaine, but that's different.

"Haha, he's got you there, father." Said Marcus with a chuckle.

"Anyway, ignore those two, Elif, though when you go out there, make sure to show everyone watching the strength that the Crown Prince wields, as the strength you display is also going to represent the Royal Elven lineage, and I'm sure you don't want the world to start thinking that our lineage is weak." Said Maria while kneeling down to eye level with Elif, both of her arms on his shoulders.

"Of course not, mother; I can't allow people to think our lineage isn't powerful. However, what do you mean by the world? I thought only the citizens of the Empire were going to watch?" Asked Elif, confused as he figured only the Empire would watch the tournament.

"Haa Elif, you don't know how important it is to other Immortal Hegemonies that news of the Crown Prince of the Immortal Elven Empire is planning to join a tournament and will openly display his strength, do you?" Asked Maria as her face twitched when she saw the confusion on Elif's face deepen.

"Well, there's no point in talking about this right now as it won't change anything, but do know when the tournament is over, you need to head to the library and start learning more about the world." Said Maria in an exhausted voice as she gave Elif a quick hug before letting him go.

"Why do you make it sound like I know nothing, mother? For your information, I know the names of some nobles." Said Elif, slightly hurt at Maria's tone.

"And let me guess, the Noble family names you know are the same ones that introduced themselves to you two years ago." Argued Maria, and she didn't even need Elif to respond to know she was right.

"Anyways, let's hurry up, as the Crown Prince, you, can't show up late for something this important." Stated Marcus as everyone gave their last words of encouragement before letting Elif leave.

"You better win, big brother, or I won't forgive you for not playing with me!" Said Elaine with some sass, though her words sounded more like an order than encouragement, and it brought a chuckle out of everyone in the room, except for the ever-stoic Illumia, who was standing by the exit.

"But of course, Elaine, as your big brother, how could I ever be defeated?" Replied Elif with a chuckle as he kissed Elaine's cheek before saying his last farewells.

"Don't forget; we are going to be watching the tournament from the palace on the crystal ball!" Announced Tiana quickly before Elif exited the throne room.

Waving my hand in acknowledgment to grandmother, I make my way down the hall with my destination being the entrance of the Royal grounds, as that is where I had ordered the carriage to wait. A little bit later, I arrive at my carriage and see Mandy with her guards, along with someone new who had replaced the spy, though when they noticed me, they all quickly kneeled.