Chapter 49: Quarter Finals & Semi Finals

Once Starlet destroyed all of my attacks, she flew toward me while also attacking with the same technique she had previously used, and now that I could see it, I understood why she was able to destroy all of my attacks.

Bringing Hokori up to block the attack, I felt a massive amount of force collide with Hokori's sheath, causing my entire arm to tremble slightly from the impact.

'For something so small, it carried an impressive amount of power, I'll admit.' Thought Elif as he blocked a few more of the same attacks before launching a Heavenly scar at Starlet when she got close.

Using my movement technique, I flashed behind Starlet, who had just blocked my Heavenly scar; I lifted Hokori above my head and slashed down at her back, though she managed quickly place her sword behind her, effectively stopping my attack. Starlet then pushed off me and spun around a few times while releasing a couple of sword waves at me, to which I sliced in half using my sword intent.

Our fight continued for a bit longer, with me having a slight advantage during most of the battle, while Starlet stayed more on the defensive as she would only counter-attack; however, eventually, I decided to end the match, as even though I was having a little fun, I still wished for the tournament to continue. From how the battle was playing out, it didn't look like the match would conclude any time soon.

Parrying Starlet's sword, I flashed away from her only to appear high up in the sky, yet this time my face was much more serious than before; extending my arm, I faced my hand toward Starlet in the distance and performed a Royal Elf's Palm, except this time I'm no longer holding back. Now that I'm using my full strength, a giant purple palm appears right above me, twice as big as the ones I've previously attacked with and denser as well; looking down at the nervous Starlet, I lower my hand, causing the large purple palm above me to go shooting at Starlet with speeds much faster than before.

Starlet, who was not expecting my attack to display such speed, was almost caught by surprise. Still, she managed to quickly activate a protective talisman just in time, though since its power could only stop an attack at the peak of a Half-step Divine, it was merely a thin glass wall before my palm; however, it did give Starlet just enough time to evade my attack.

I wasn't worried, though, since all that did was prolong Starlet's inevitable defeat. Starlet also knew that, considering she came charging at me with her fastest speed using her movement technique, hoping to catch me while I couldn't retaliate. However, it's not like I need to retaliate anyways, I may not be able to attack while controlling my purple palm, but I can still use my movement technique to easily evade her, though once she reached my position and was about to strike down at me with her sword, she got grabbed by my purple palm that caught up to her from behind.

Squeezing her until she starts grunting in pain, I throw her to the arena below me and slam my palm on top of her, causing the entire coliseum to shake from the power. However, no need to worry, as from what I know about this coliseum, even a Royal guard wouldn't be able to damage it.

Landing back on the ground, I find Starlet injured while coughing out some blood, but what surprised me was how she could still fight, considering I wasn't holding back when I attacked her. Seeing her trying to stand back up, I flashed behind her and hit her on the back of her head before she could respond to my arrival, knocking her unconscious. Floating her body over to the servants that just appeared, I fixed my clothes and hair before heading back to my booth, only to find Illumia still hadn't returned, much to disappointment.

"Marvelous battle, and congratulations on winning the match, Prince Elif." Said Mandy with a slight bow while sounding even happier than Elif.

"It was quite a fun match; she's the first to force me to use my full strength." Commented Elif as he sat back down comfortably on his throne while a bowl of lighting cherries appeared in his hands.