Chapter 27: That Was The Most Fun I've Ever Had!

"Hmm, What's this Heavenly Tribulation you speak of?" Asked Elif while grabbing a handful of lightning cherries and eating them in delight.

"I know, I know!" Quickly answered Sarah, whose face was a little dirty from stuffing her face full of food.

"A Heavenly Tribulation is a form of punishment that the heavens inflict on cultivators as they cultivate, and in order to continue cultivating, you must survive a Heavenly Tribulation. My elder sister received a Heavenly Tribulation when she advanced to the Saint realm; however, she managed to beat it." Said Sarah, though when she mentioned her elder sister, the smile on her face that had accompanied her since they arrived at the pagoda disappeared.

"Well, they don't sound that bad." Replied Elif, though he didn't fully understand the horrors of a heavenly tribulation.

"For your information, your highness, fifty percent of cultivators die while attempting their first heavenly tribulation." Interrupted Illumia, who this entire time has been standing behind Elif's chair.

"What, fifty percent!? That's ridiculous, but doesn't that mean the half who died were too weak and untalented?" Asked Elif, slightly shocked, before calming down and thinking about it.

"That is mostly true, Prince Elif, but the truly terrifying thing about Heavenly Tribulations is that their strength isn't fixed; the power of a Heavenly Tribulation is determined by the cultivator attempting it. So even an extremely talented and powerful individual could still be killed by a heavenly tribulation, Prince Elif." Answered Maga as he wiped his face down with a handkerchief.

"Woah, that is indeed quite scary. However, doesn't that mean your elder sister is especially strong?" Asked Elif as he started to truly realize the terror of a heavenly tribulation.

"Y-Yes, she is Prince Elif, although I believe Maga or Kare could give you better details than I." Replied Sarah, slightly shivering while putting her head down.

Her words slightly confused me since I figured, as her sister, she should know her best, or at least better than someone from another noble's house, but I digress.

"So, what do you know about Sarah's elder sister?" Asked Elif as he tried a different fruit other than lightning cherry since he had finished them all. Though his question caused Kare and Maga to show unpleasant faces; however, they still answered Elif's question.

"Sarah's elder sister is Marley Eve, and she's currently the heir to Eve's family, her age is eight, the same as mine and Maga's, and she is currently the leading figure in the younger generation with her incredible talent and strength." Answered Kare while trying not to show any anger or hate when speaking of Marley, which Elif didn't catch, considering how he seemed to be paying more attention to the food on the table.

"Eight? You guys are twice my age; I'm only four; what about you, Sarah?" Asked Elif.

"I'm six, Prince Elif." Replied Sarah, who was still hanging her head down, no longer eating.

"So then what's her spirit root and or physique?"

"Marley's spirit root and physique are a low God and high Divine tier, respectively, and she has recently just advanced to the Saint Emperor realm, the first among the younger generation to achieve that." Replied Maga while barely showing any emotion when speaking of Marley.

What Maga said highly disappointed me considering since she's supposed to be very talented and powerful, I thought she was going to be impressive, but it seems like she is nothing special, However, Saint Emperor is a cultivation realm I haven't heard of as I only know six, and with it being called Saint Emperor I'm going to assume it's higher than a Half-step Saint, though I wanted to know for sure.