Chapter 151: Comet's Desire & Elaine's Instincts

Once everything was over and I'd destroyed Elif's soul, I took a few minutes to gather my bearings and stabilize my emotions before leaving the cave, which I also ended up destroying as I wished to erase all of his presence from this realm. While flying in the air, I headed back towards the Colossal sect, as even though Elif informed me about what happened to my women, I still had a small amount of hope somewhere in my heart that I could revert everything.

"Gel, you're very knowledgeable; if everything Elif said was true, is it possible to somehow revert the effects on my lovers or do something to acquire their true memories?" Asked Comet while silently flying through the sky.

"Unfortunately, no, not to my knowledge. As you know, the soul is a very delicate and frail source of life; if one is not an expert in that field, any kind of tampering can cause various side effects, and from my shallow understanding of Prince Elif, he doesn't seem to be an expert in such a field. Then again, since he is a descendant of an Immortal Hegemony from the OverRealm, who knows what kind of information he has access to? I may be knowledgeable by your standards; however, my reservoir of knowledge can't even compare to a mere fraction of what he has access to." Said Gel solemnly as she materialized her small, ethereal Fairy body atop Comet's shoulder.

Although her words were very demoralizing, I ignored the negative aspects of her speech and focused primarily on the positives, trying my best to stay optimistic and not fall into a pessimistic mentality.

"Well, it's not the exact answer I wished for, but it could be worse; at the end of the day, it seems like I'll have to search for an answer myself. Though, since you said your knowledge is vastly inferior to an Immortal Hegemonies, does that mean, If I were to befriend someone from such a hegemony somehow, could I learn how to reverse what Elif did?" Replied Comet with a slight smirk while glancing at Gel.

"I don't know for sure, but I'm certain that if anyone has the answer to your predicament, it would be them." Said Gel while nodding her head.

"Though, that is most likely unneeded; a Divine or Ancient Hegemony should also have the information you seek. So all you need to do is get to the Divine Phoenix Clan and find Spica; no need to complicate things." Added Gel with a positive smile.

"All my knowledge of the OverRealm I acquired from you and the small tidbits I managed to uncover during my time in that Heavenly realm, though, there was no solid information, mainly just unconfirmed theories." Remarked Comet with a small smile as he suddenly increased his speed while heading toward the Colossal sect.
___
___

After returning to the Colossal sect, which was quite active because of my previous actions, I invaded each of my lover's souls and viewed all their memories from their birth till now. Yet, although I had foreseen this would happen, I had surely hoped it wasn't the case; all of their memories had been tampered with by Elif, and because of my previous actions with Kala, they didn't have a blank space in their soul, which is supposed to contain their true memories.

'I had already mentally prepared myself for this, but it doesn't seem I had prepared my heart.' Thought Comet as he held back his tears while resting his hand atop his chest and feeling his heartbeat in anguish.

As I lay at the peak of a desolate mountain, I looked at the beautiful night sky while experiencing heartache; for several days, I lay there motionless with my eyes closed, and only on the seventh day did I finally open my eyes. Having given myself time to grieve, I stood up from the ground and looked at the bright sky with determination and resoluteness before summoning Gel.

"Gel, can you take me to the OverRealm?" Asked Comet solemnly, never once shifting his gaze.

"Yes, I can; I do have the capability to traverse various realms and hidden dimensions, granted we know the location of said hidden dimension; otherwise, we'll most likely appear in the middle of the Void, or worse, a Void storm." Replied Gel calmly while appearing beside Comet as she floated in the air.

Elven LegacyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara