Chapter 122: Pathetic Attempt

While an enraged Elif was approaching Edvin, Fulton, and Clove, his aggressive and hostile actions had caused most, if not all, Fairies in the dining hall to see him as a potential enemy. Though while the elders and people from the older generation didn't make a move against Elif, the same couldn't be said about the younger generation, as they seemed to be formulating some plan.

"W-What's going on!? Why did Prince Elif all of a sudden attack Edvin!?" Asked a young clansman in shock.

"I don't know, but even if he is the descendent of an Immortal hegemony, he is stepping out of line. Who gave him the audacity to attack a Fairy inside their own territory!?" Replied another young clansman angrily as he stood up from his seat and moved closer to get a better view.

"He just knocked Yolen out! Why aren't the elders doing anything!? Don't tell me they're afraid to antagonize the Immortal Elven Empire!? Are they not our supposed allies!?" Exclaimed a different young clansman as he clenched his fist angrily, every other clan member feeling the same.

"I see; it's not that the elders don't want to do anything, but how can they interfere in a battle between members of our generation? That would be breaking the unspoken rule." Said a random young clansman as everyone who heard him nodded in realization.

"So, you're essentially saying that only we can stop Prince Elif?"

"Yes! That's exactly what he is saying! If we continue standing by while this happens, then when word gets out about this, we will turn into nothing but a laughing stock in the entire OverRealm!" Yelled another random young clansman in anger, though his words ignited the will inside the surrounding clansman.

"So then, are we just going to stand by and watch? Or are we going to fight and show that Elf, we Fairies aren't people he can just bully whenever he feels like it!?" Announced a Fairy as he seemingly took on a leadership role, the same Fairy that had spared with Elif earlier in the day.

"Yeah! Show that Elf that we Fairies mean business! We aren't easily bullied!" Declared several young clan members as they all rallied together with determination to fight against Elif.

"Then what are we waiting for!? Let's show that foolish Elf that if he thinks he can bully us, he's got another thing coming!" Shouted the leading Fairy as he and the tens of clan members behind him all charged at Elif with fierce auras radiating off them.

___

___

Looking down at Edvin, I turned around as I sensed several attacks headed my way, and when I did, I saw nearly a hundred Fairies charging at me with determined expressions while every single one launched deadly attacks at me. Behind them, I could see that while Marley and Idonea had tried to intercept them, they were just too many of them; they could only block roughly fifteen or so Fairies while the rest ignored them and charged toward me.

I didn't even attempt to block or evade their attacks; none contained the power to harm my physique; maybe if they had attacked together instead of wantonly launching their own attacks, I might've been forced to block it, but that isn't the case.

The moment the first attack landed on my body, I felt a slight force pushing my body back a little; however, right after that, I was bombarded with nearly a hundred attacks that caused the surroundings to get damaged while smoke reduced the visibility.

"Hehe, I don't know why we were so hesitant earlier; he is just one person; it'll be impossible for him to resist the combined might of one-hundred Fairies." Said a random young clansman with a light smile while any fear he felt from Elif vanished.

"Yeah, I know. But it was still too easy; I at least expected him to put up some resistance, though maybe I was expecting too much from him." Said another random young clansman mockingly, though before anyone could speak, they heard a familiar voice.