Chapter 177: Bet of Danger

Watching the thousands of commoners and nobles dash through the tear in space as they arrive inside the treasure realm before shortly disappearing into the forest in search of heavenly plants, though even if they find some, they not only have to worry about possible beasts but their fellow cultivators.

"So then, what are your guy's guess? I only suspect fifteen hundred will manage to survive the full forty days." Said Elif lightly while fanning himself as he turned and glanced at the five.

"You're quite optimistic, your Highness; last time the Treasure realm was opened, there were also roughly six thousand participants, yet only about nine hundred survived." Remarked Illumia as she eyed Elif in slight surprise at his high number since she knew he knew that information.

"Eh? That low? That isn't even one-sixth of the total participants; maybe I shouldn't enter the Treasure realm." Said Sarah in astonishment as she began rethinking her decision since, among every participant, she has the lowest cultivation base by far, with her only being a peak Saint Lord.

"You don't need to worry, Sarah; just stay by my side, and I'll protect you; not even a bug will get close to you." Stated Marley with a dignified smile as she summoned her spear, expressing her seriousness on the matter, causing Sarah to smile lightly.

"Are you all going to enter the Treasure realm? Don't forget the realm will only be opened for one hour, and it's already been one minute; you've just wasted nearly a full day." Declared Marcus with a raised eyebrow while eyeing the group, though he was mainly speaking to Idonea, Marley, and Sarah since Elif and Elaine always have access to such treasures.

"Yes, we're about to enter, Father; we were just making a little bet." Said Elaine lightly, though her words slightly sparked Marcus's interest as he floated toward them.

"Ho, a bet? What kind of bet?" Asked Marcus lightly as he glanced at Elaine while Elif smirked in amusement.

'Heh, Illumia was right; Father does indeed enjoy gambling.' Mused Elif as he glanced at Marcus while Elaine explained the bet details to him.

"I see, a rather simple bet, but what makes it interesting is that you all can directly manipulate it by either saving participants or killing them; ho, count me in; I'm betting only seven-hundred-fifty will survive, half of Elif's." Said Marcus with a slightly eager smirk as he rubbed his chin in interest.

"Well, since Father is betting half of Brother, it only makes sense for me to bet between the two of them, eleven-hundred-twenty-five, directly in the middle of their bets." Stated Elaine with a smile while Elif and Marcus gave her blank looks.

"Given how this year's generation seems to be, on average, more talented than the previous generation, I shall bet exactly eleven hundred." Said Illumia with a nod; now it was Elaine's turn to dryly look at Illumia while her face slightly twitched in annoyance.

"Ho, that's quite bold to say, considering both Mother and Father are part of the previous generation; are you saying they aren't talented, Illumia?" Remarked Elif with a mischievous grin, earning him an expressionless stare from Illumia.

"I'm just stating a fact, your Highness, just like how the previous generation isn't nearly as annoying as the current generation." Replied Illumia with a smirk, causing Marcus to chuckle, Elif to click his tongue, and Elaine to give her an angry stare.

"Tch, what's that supposed to mean, Illumia? Are you implying that I'm annoying?" Remarked Elif with an annoyed expression while eyeing the amused Illumia, who remained silent.

"Anyways, moving things back on track, I assume about eight hundred participants will survive since with more strength comes more arrogance, ultimately leading to more deaths." Said Maxim lightly with a smile as his words brought everyone's attention back to the topic at hand, though Elif promptly ignored him.