Chapter 90: Strongest in the Younger Generation

"Hmph, at least someone has the decency to welcome me. Move, sister; I wish to sit in that seat." Said Marley arrogantly as she tried forcing Sarah out of her seat.

"T-There is an open seat right there, sister. Can't you sit there instead?" Said Sarah rather meekly while pointing to a seat near Alf.

"Are you talking back to me? Do you think just because we are out in public, I won't punish you, Sarah? Move before I get angry!" Replied Marley with her usual arrogance and a hint of anger.

"Sarah, it's fine; let Marley sit there. You can sit next to me." Said Elif with a light smile as the manager quickly moved one of the thrones next to Elif before returning to his spot near the door.

"T-Thanks, your highness." Muttered Sarah, blushing from how close the seats were, though no one could see her expression since her head was down.

From Marley's reaction, I could tell she was slightly angry at my actions, but she didn't say anything and just sat down while propping her legs atop the table arrogantly, eliciting anger from pretty much everyone.

"So, what were you guys talking about before I arrived?" Asked Marley while ignoring the stares from everyone.

"First, how about fixing your etiquette and showing proper respect; you're dining with the Crown Prince and Princess." Stated Maga with slight hostility, though he was promptly ignored.

"I'll sit how I want to, and you can't force me to do anything, Maga, unless you're stronger than me. Besides, since Prince Elif and Princess Elaine haven't said anything, then I'm doing nothing wrong." Retorted Marley as she arrogantly looked at Maga before looking directly at Elif.

"No need to get so worked up, Maga; it's fine. Now, does someone wish to explain to her about the 'System' artifact, as I don't wish to explain it for a fourth time?" Said Elif as he patted Elaine's head to keep her quiet and content while speaking.

While they explained the system concept to Marley, Elaine and I had our own little conversation.

'Brother, why are you being so nice to Marley? Didn't you see how she treated Sarah?' Asked Elaine via divine sense while confused and angry at Elif's actions.

'Yes, of course, I did, and technically speaking, I'm not being nice; this is how I always act.' Replied Elif via divine sense while also rubbing Elaine's head, much to her satisfaction.

'Hmph, that's not what I mean, brother, and you know it.' Said Elaine via divine sense while pouting, though with Elif rubbing her head, that didn't last long.

'Haha, I know. With how unhappy Marley has made you in the past, of course, I'd punish her; I can't have the person who ruined my favorite little sister's fun not be punished; what kind of brother would I be if I didn't at least do that much?' Said Elif via divine sense while smiling.

'What do you mean by favorite little sister? I'm your only little sister, brother.' Said Elaine via divine sense as she pouted again, causing Elif to release an audible chuckle.

"Did you say something, Prince Elif?" Asked Felecia, having heard Elif's chuckle.

"No, I did not. So have you finished Explaining everything to Marley?" Asked Elif, focusing his attention back on reality.

"Yes, I've finished explaining the details to Marley." Said Osborn.

"Haha, no wonder I heard so much excitement leaking out of the room. You guys must've been fantasizing about gaining the power of that artifact; it only makes sense, considering how weak you guys are. Maybe if you acquired the artifact, you'd finally be able to defeat me in battle." Exclaimed Marley while mocking every one of the nobles, angering them once again.