Chapter 152: Elaine's Ultimate Decision!

Arriving at the throne room, Maxim opened the doors as I entered; inside, I could see Mother and Father, mainly Father, in the distance, speaking to several nobles from various cities. While I've seen them before, I have never bothered to pay them much heed, and now won't be any different.

"Mother, has Brother returned yet?" Asked Elaine with a depressed expression as she walked past the group of nobles and hopped on Maria's lap.

"Why are you asking that question when you know its answer, Elaine?" Replied Maria, shaking her head while rubbing Elaine to cheer her up.

"Ugh, but it's so boring without Brother; the only things I can do to pass the time is cultivate and complete some contracts from the Elven guild." Remarked Elaine while sighing as she soaked in Maria's motherly touch.

"Well, you better get used to it soon, Dear; you've got a VERY long life ahead of you. Having lived for quite some time, I can say that boredom will quickly become a familiar acquaintance." Said Maria, unsure whether to chuckle or sigh at her remark.

Mother's words weren't very reassuring, especially when I realized that what she said was most likely true: as a mere Divine, I can already live for nearly fifty million years, and that's just for an average Divine; for someone like myself, my current life-expectancy is probably around a quarter of a billion years, and Brothers is undoubtedly even higher than mine. This isn't even taken into account when my cultivation base improves.

"Haa, I don't want to think about that right now, Mother; it's honestly depressing." Commented Elaine, causing Maria to chuckle slightly.

"That's fine by me, and speaking of Elif, I would've informed you yesterday, but you were absent. However, Elif has left the Fairy Clan and is currently heading toward the Divine Phoenix Clan; he is expected to arrive within four days, though he said he'll be taking a detour, so it might take an extra day. Either way, Elif should return home within a fortnight, so all you must do is wait a little bit longer." Declared Maria; although she was trying to appease Elaine, her words did the opposite.

"Divine Phoenix Clan? Aren't most Phoenixes generally women?" Asked Elaine calmly while her expression turned eerie.

"You're correct; roughly eighty percent of all Phoenixes are women, and that is the main reason why harems are considered common to them." Replied Maria with a frown as she uttered the word harem.

'Harems!? Phoenix's!?' Thought Elaine, those two words constantly repeating in her mind like a broken record, resulting in her expression turning terrifying, causing the nobles down below to be taken aback in fear.
___
___

"Haa, finally; that took nearly all day. Maybe if I had someone helping me, I could've finished sooner." Remarked Marcus as he glared at Maria, who simply acted oblivious, causing him to huff in annoyance.

"So, is everything, as usual, nothing out of the ordinary?" Asked Maria curiously while Elaine quietly sat on her lap.

"Haa, yes, everything is fine; the nobles were mainly requesting slots for the opening of the Treasure realm that'll happen in a few months." Replied Marcus while shaking his head.

"How many slots did you give them in total for the event? You should know we can't have too many participants; otherwise, it'll be too hectic." Stated Maria while glancing at Marcus.

"I gave them four-thousand-seven hundred slots out of five-thousand available slots, which should be more than enough for them; the remaining three-hundred slots will be for Yggdrasil." Remarked Marcus, to which Maria nodded in agreement before focusing on the silent Elaine.

"Dear, are you okay? You've been silently sitting on my lap for roughly an hour?" Asked Maria as she slightly shook Elaine, snapping her out of her dangerous thoughts.