Chapter 172: Returning Home

"Ah, speaking of R.D.A, Idonea, do you still intend to stay as a student? You know, if you so desire, I could use my status as the Crown Prince and allow you to graduate after successfully passing a requirement exam, of course. I may be the Prince, but Mother and Father won't allow you to graduate without passing an exam, not from the R.D.A. of all places." Said Elif lightly as he glanced at Idonea, who was still frowning after losing the argument against Illumia.

"Could you give me some time to think about it, your Highness? I'd love to stay by your side and protect you from unseen threats, but after having spent six years at the R.D.A., I'd also like to graduate properly without relying on your influence and connections." Replied Idonea with a troubled expression while looking at Elif, though halfway through her speech, she intensely glanced at Marley before focusing back on Elif.

"That's fine by me, though I'd prefer if you stayed by my side; it's much more lively with you and Marley." Remarked Elif with a slight smile while Marley looked at Idonea in confusion.

"Why'd you look at me when you said unseen threats?" Asked Marley, full of confusion, though Idonea merely closed her eyes and leaned back while ignoring Marley.

While Marley was busy irritating Idonea with her series of questions, Illumia, like usual, sat between the two quietly with her eyes closed; I, on the other hand, was looking out the window below, watching the familiar landscape swiftly pass by as Zulo and Zala speedily pulled the carriage to our destination, which was home, more specifically Yggdrasil.

'Heh, It hasn't even been a full month since I departed from Yggdrasil, yet after everything I've experienced, it feels like it's been years; well, that might be a bit of a stretch, but it feels like it's been much longer than it really has.' Mused Elif with a smirk as he shook his head before closing his eyes, deciding to rest until arriving at Yggdrasil, which didn't take but a mere few minutes.

As I was resting, I heard Zulo and Zala loudly neigh, but such an act wasn't necessary for me to realize we'd arrived home since just a few seconds ago, Yggdrasil had entered the range of my divine sense, which goes to show how insanely fast Zulo and Zala are, since in a matter of just a few seconds, Yggdrasil appeared in my divine sense, and for the record, my divine sense was spread out to it's maximum.

"Your Highness, we've arrived home; we've arrived at Yggdrasil." Stated Mandy with slight enthusiasm from outside the carriage as she gazed upon the massive city, particularly the distinguished castle at the center of the City, the Royal Palace.

"I know, Mandy." Replied Elif lightly with a smile as he looked out the window and watched the carriage lower itself to the ground inside the city, just before the main entrance gate.

As I looked out the carriage window, glancing at the crowd of people, which consisted mainly of Elves, though since we weren't a clan, we didn't discriminate against any species except for Dragons, so you'd see the occasional Dryad, Fairy, Phoenix, Demon, Human, Golem, Beast, and many others that would take too long to say; but all in all, the Elven Empire is pretty diverse, compared to its peers, then again it's diversity can't match to that of a sect. Another thing to note is that most clans don't discriminate against different species; it's just that since they're a clan, they'll prioritize their members first, and all of their members will be the same species since it's a clan.

Anyways, getting off track, while Zulo and Zala pulled the carriage through the city, everyone would, of course, part ways to allow the carriage to pass through the streets unhindered, and as they did so while walking past them, each and every one of them would bow; well, not exactly everyone, but for the people who live in the Elven Empire, they would all bow when they saw my carriage. The ride back home was relatively smooth and relaxing as I viewed the unchanged city along its numerous buildings and businesses, though, of course, given how big Yggdrasil is, Zulo and Zala would occasionally speed up, suddenly moving thousands of kilometers in a split second.