Chapter 143: Hokori Unsheathed

Since my attacks weren't damaging the blackened skin of Goliath, he took the brunt of my sword attacks, which allowed Shelia and Echo to attack me from a distance; however, since I was only focusing on Goliath, I had more than enough time to deflect or block their attacks. Though, since I wasn't able to harm Goliath, I was constantly getting pushed back, so I decided to do a little experimenting as I was given an excellent opportunity to do so, and how could I pass up such a chance?

'Now then, let's see if I can get it to work this time.' Thought Elif with a slight smirk while eyeing Goliath as Hokori started to emit a purple sheen.

"Do be careful, Goliath; this next technique I'm about to use is still in the experimental phase, and I don't wish to kill you accidentally." Advised Elif lightly, though you could sense an undertone of pride from his words.

"Hahaha, give me your best, Prince Elif! Nothing has ever broken through my defenses once I've used Atlas's Skin!" Yelled Goliath with a feral smile, though you could tell he had heeded Elif's advice as his blackened skin got noticeably darker and rougher.

"Well then, looks like I'm going to be the first." Remarked Elif as he massively reduced the speed of his attacks, but it was still enough to deal with Goliath and the occasional attacks from Shelia and Echo.

Once I felt like everything was ready, I began pouring my Qi into Hokori as if planning to use a Heavenly Scar, which caused the sheath that was emitting a light purple glow to increase in intensity till it resembled that of fire, yet I was still utilizing the Fairy Sword Dance.

'Now, here comes the hard part; keeping it intact after attacking.' Thought Elif with a frown while noticeably sweating from the mental, physical, and spiritual strain of attempting to combine two Immortal tier techniques.

With Hokori ready, I watched as one of my illusory swords phased right through Goliath's body, and the moment happened; I instantly attacked right after, this time using my real sword. Just like all of my previous attacks, although Goliath saw Hokori approach his body, he didn't move an inch and fearlessly welcomed my incoming attack; though, unluckily for him, this wasn't just an ordinary sword attack.

The moment my sword, covered in ethereal purple flames, collided with his blackened body, a massive explosion resulted in the both of us getting sent flying several meters in the opposite direction before we finally managed to stop ourselves. Looking across me in the distance was Goliath as he stared back at me, both of us seemingly unharmed; however, I wasn't too focused on whether I actually managed to harm him, as I was preoccupied with my momentous achievement.

"Hehe; Hahaha! Yes, finally! I did it! After several years of trial and error, I successfully combined the Fairy Sword Dance with the Heavenly Scar!" Exclaimed Elif with a giant smile while looking at Hokori, still engulfed in purple flames, before focusing back onto Goliath in the distance.

"I don't know exactly what you just did, Prince Elif; however, if that is considered to still merely be in the experimental phase, then I can't even imagine the amount of power you'll have at your disposal once you perfect it." Declared Goliath calmly as he grabbed the area where Elif attacked him, only for a large but narrow cut to suddenly appear on his blackened skin, surprising everyone.

"Neither can I; however, that technique is still in the experimental phase as maintaining it is very mentally and physically draining; luckily, it's not so taxing on my Qi reserve." Replied Elif with an eager smirk, though it was easy to notice how exhausted using that technique had made him, as he was covered in sweat while his breathing was uneven.

"And while it may not be very honorable, I'll gladly take this heaven-sent opportunity to attack you, Prince Elif." Announced Birger calmly as he suddenly appeared standing at a distance from Elif while instantly attacking without any warning except for his voice.