Chapter 76: Comet and His System

Inside a pleasant-looking hotel on the fifth floor, you could see a young man lying in bed, seemingly looking intently at something. However, the strange thing was there was nothing there except the ceiling, and the confusion only increased as he started poking his finger in the air.

___

___

While scrolling through the systems store function, Gel, the systems Fairy administrator, suddenly appeared a few inches before my face with her usual cheerful attitude.

"Congratulations, Comet! It has now officially been exactly three years since your reincarnation and your fusing with the Immortal Energy System! To celebrate, you'll be given a Saint lottery ticket!" Exclaimed Gel cheerfully as she flew around the room in excitement.

'Three years, huh? To think it's really been that long since I died. A lot has happened in those three years; beginning on the path of cultivation, meeting new and crazy people, losing my new mother, gaining a harem of lovers, and finally losing my virginity, which took two lifetimes.' Thought Comet with a slight smile while reminiscing about his life.

Shaking my head, I clicked on the inventory function and grabbed the glowing silver lottery ticket, and was about to use it when suddenly the system's usual light blue color turned dark red, and an emergency warning appeared, causing me to get startled as this has never happened before.

"G-Gel, what's happening!? This isn't part of the three-year celebration, is it?" Asked Comet as he quickly jumped out of bed and got into a fighting stance while scanning his surroundings.

"T-This, this isn't good. Two very powerful beings have suddenly arrived in this realm, and one is a Divine!" Said Gel solemnly, which was very rare coming from her, considering her optimistic personality.

"WHAT!? A Divine!? I thought you said Divine cultivators couldn't be here!?" Shouted Comet nervously before quickly calming down and searching through the systems store to see if there was anything that could protect him from a Divine.

"There's no point in looking through the store; anything that can harm or protect you from a Divine is locked until you at least reach the Saint realm. Also, I didn't ever say a Divine couldn't be in a Spirit realm; I said the chances of you encountering a Divine cultivator while still present in a Spirit realm was almost impossible!" Said Gel while walking back and forth through the sky with evident worry, as they currently have no way to confidently survive if they were to confront a Divine.

"Ugh! So what do we do then, Gel!? I'm only a peak Nascent Soul cultivator, and that's still a ways away from becoming a Saint, and let's not even mention the Heavenly Tribulation!" Exclaimed Comet as he grabbed his head in frustration and helplessness.

"I know, Comet! This isn't a good solution, but there aren't many options. Comet, go into the store, then go into the talisman section and buy the curse of destination." Said Gel while Comet listened to her instructions, though he showed a pained face when he saw the price of the talisman.

"T-That's all of the points I've managed to save throughout the years; I'll be left with practically nothing." Said Comet painfully as he looked at Gel.

"Well then, good job; all those years of saving might've just saved our lives, so stop hesitating and buy them!" Said Gel as she slapped the buy button for the talisman, though since she was only the administrator and not the owner, it did nothing.

With intense heartache, I reluctantly pushed the buy button, and the moment I did so, I saw how all of the extra points I'd managed to save throughout the years vanished, leaving me with only a couple hundred points. Checking my inventory with teary eyes, I summoned the two talismans into my hand and looked at Gel, waiting for her next instructions.