Chapter 196: Pride Or Elaine

Seeing Elaine get hurt before my very eyes while I was pathetically lying on the ground filled with an emotion that I only slightly felt when I visited the Fairy Clan; this type of rage wasn't something I was used to; very rarely have I wanted to kill someone, yet the monster standing over, I wanted to do far more than simply kill him.

I wanted to lock his body within the depths of the royal dungeon and torture him for all of eternity for harming my little sister, though before I did any of that, I needed to save Elaine; despite my physical state, I refused just to stay lying down while Elaine was trouble, what kind of Brother would I be then?

So with the minuscule amount of Qi I've regained, after having returned to my normal cultivation base of a peak Divine, I reinforced my body with it, and although I was very slow, I eventually stood on my own two feet, the whole time the monster was just watching me with its amusing expression which angered me.

"Release her this instant." Said Elif angrily with a deep, guttural voice between his heavy breathing from having a broken neck as he pointed at Elaine within the monster's grasp.

"Haha, this should be Elaine August, right? Your little sister? I wonder how you'll feel after I kill her before your very eyes!" Yelled the monster with a cruel smile and a sadistic gleam in his eyes as he squeezed Elaine's neck, causing her small frame to writhe about in pain as she tried attacking the monster, though her efforts amounted to nothing.

"Don't make me repeat myself for a third time, Demon; release her!" Yelled Elif, his pupils constricting in anger as he manifested a purple palm and attacked the monster, only for him to nearly collapse on the ground, causing his attack to disperse.

"Hehe, don't make me laugh, little Elf! Don't you know your situation? I'm sure you're used to always being in control, but not anymore; today, I'm in control, and I get to decide whether you live or die! Right now, my words are law!" Stated the monster in excitement with a devilish grin as he roared to the sky, seemingly embracing the madness that comes with being corrupted by Nether Qi.

"Now then, little Elf, I'm supposed to kill you quickly, but as you've thoroughly pissed me off, I'll enjoy myself a little; if you don't want your precious little sister to die, you'll do everything I say!" Declared the monster's crazy smirk as he grabbed Hokori, still stuck in his body, and tossed it toward Elif.

Catching Hokori without hesitating, I gripped the hilt and slashed toward the monster, launching a purple sword wave that did absolutely nothing to him once it landed on his body, which only frustrated me even further.

"Tsk, tsk, what did I just say? I'm the one in charge!" Said the monster with a slight frown as he squeezed Elaine's neck even harder than before, causing Elif to clutch Hokori angrily, but other than that, he didn't move, not like he could do much of that given his condition.

"Now that we've understood our new statuses, stab yourself." Said the monster with a smirk as he looked at Elif, though after seeing him just standing there eying him, he started squeezing Elaine's neck again.

"Stab yourself, or I'll crush her neck; it'll be easy, like breaking a toothpick." Added the Demon angrily, his actions causing Elif to gnash his teeth in wrath, though he reluctantly did as he was told.

(Note: Who got that reference?)

I wanted nothing more than to attack this pathetic monster, even if it meant being killed; it wasn't something I desired, but I also wasn't afraid of losing my own life; what I was fearful of was Elaine possibly dying. So, with great reluctance, not at the fact that I was required to stab myself but at the fact I was forced to listen to someone else's orders; I was a Crown Prince, besides my parents, grandparents, and Elaine, I've never followed someone's orders.